Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
There is only one train station in Fuengirola, the other station is a bus station.

Two two are within about 200 metres of each other so you will be fine.

Train into Fuengirola is around £1.30 and then go to bus station and ask which bus to Fuengirola Beach Hotel. Or to be honest for the sake of about a fiver a taxi will take you there and they are right outside the train station.
hi There is two stations one is los boliches and the main one- go there and get a taxi as entrance to hotel is at the back of it! My mum and dad have stayed there a few times in winter
I regard Los Boliches as just another stop on the single gauge track that runs from Malaga to Fuengirola....and it depends on what you class as a station. :wink: basically, they are all stations because the train stops there and you can buy a ticket, even if the station is just a platform with a ticket machine.
Fuengirola station is "manned" for advice and assistance, with security personnel present.
From the airport..........
Airport
San Julian
Plaza Mayor
Los Alamos
La Colina
Torremolinos
Montemar Alto
El Pinillo
Benalmadena (Arroyo de miel)
Torremuelle
Carvajal
Torreblanca
Los Boliches
Fuengirola.

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Sanji,
Thanks for that info. I'm going to Fuengirola in Feb, is that the last station on that particular line?

Also you don't happen to know where the Niza Apartments are in relation to the station?
Thanks for that info. I'm going to Fuengirola in Feb, is that the last station on that particular line?

Yes, Fuengirola is the end of the line, there are only 2 ways you can go ....either Malaga to Fuengirola or visa versa....it is impossible to get lost, as there is only one track that runs between Malaga and Fuengirola.
Also you don't happen to know where the Niza Apartments are in relation to the station?

I don't personally know these apartments, but it seems they are front line apartments situated near the port...you don't happen to have an address by any chance?
What is one person's idea of being near...may not be mine. :lol: and then we can get some prospective on the distance from the train station.

sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Thanks for that Sanji.

I haven't as yet got the address.
Click Here For our reviews of this hotel and also for the link to the hotels website.

If anyone has stayed here and not yet done so, please add your review via the above link.

Many Thanks
Can anyone tell me if there's a taxi rank outside the station at Los Boliches? Is the station near the hotel La Jabega and if so could someone provide a route. I've looked on google maps but can't locate the station.

Cheers everyone.
There is no taxi rank at Los Boliches train station. It's a tight quarter of town, and just no room on the dual carriageway as you exit for such a facility. However, that's the stop for La Jabega. If you are prepared to walk (no more than 12 minutes) here's how.
There are two ways down from the elevated station - the stairs and the slope. If you have a case, opt for the slope. When you reach the bottom, you will be facing an English car rental shop. Walk towards it and take a left. Head straight on (no more than 50 yards) to Avenida Los Boliches. Turn right. Soon you will come to the church square on your right. Further down, on the left-hand side of the road, you will see Sunny Rentals (No 22). Almost there.
At the next corner, on Sunny Rentals side, you will see a Chinese-owned shop that has all sorts of stuff in the window. Turn left into Lamo de Espinosa. Pass Rajdoot Indian restaurant, and right next door, facing the Angela Hotel, you have La Jabega.
My sister-in-law holidayed there this year and was very impressed. Hope you enjoy your stay as much.
By the way, Spanish Maggie is mixing up the Fuengirola Beach Hotel with Fuengirola Park. Often make the same mistake myself. Fuengirola Beach is nowhere near Los Boliches train station. The hotel is on the way out of town (towards Marbella), near Sohail Castle and Rio Fuengirola.
Even Los Boliches is not the station for Fuengirola Park. Torreblanca is where you need to get off, Torreblanca being one of FOUR rail stops in Fuengirola, the others being Carvajal, Los Boliches and Fuengirola itself.
Hope this helps. Tony.
PS Getting to the Niza Apartments is a skoosh. Exit Fuengirola station, head right at the roundabout on your left (past the bus station), all the way down to the Paseo Maritimo at the port. Turn left, and 400 yards away on your left is the Niza block. Very nice, too. Total walk from the rail station, 15 minutes.
Excellent, thanks Tony. Can't fail to find it with such detailed instructions!
Thanks from me also regarding the Niza Apartments.
Yes thanks Tony I was just about to ask same question for directions to La Jabega from station i am now a happy man. One question though, we have friends staying at the Torreblanca do you know if its far from La Jabega?

thanks for your help
PAUL

ps
if you ever want any details on Goa give me a shout..
Hi Paul. Are your friends staying in the Torreblanca Hotel? I'm guessing that they are. If so, it is a good 30-minute walk door to door. Best for them to take the train (very conveniently positioned right outside their door), and get off 45 seconds later at Los Boliches station, a stop away.
From there it is just a case of following my instructions to La Jabega. Just down the road from the Torreblanca Hotel is Rovers' Return bar, hugely popular with ex-pats, not least for its huge measures, keen prices and friendly service.
Have a Merry Christmas.
Tony.
PS Goa is certainly on my wish list, Paul. May take you up on that offer some time.
Hi again Tony do you know the Veramar Aprts are they further away from the Torreblanca Hotel. They reckon its near sohail castle? If this was Tenerife i would know everywhere :(

Thanks

Paul
Hi Paul. Know the Veramar Apartments well. Stayed directly opposite them a few years ago, and checked out the Veramar during our time there. Yes, they are much further away from the Torreblanca Hotel. They are at the very start of Fuengirola as you enter from the south-west. If you need instructions how to get there, let me know.
Although our apartment was decidedly "iffy", I got the distinct impression that those staying in the Veramar were much happier with their lot.
There are a few decent bars and restaurants on the doorstep, while the well-stocked Euromarket (supermarket) is just a two-minute walk away.
Hope this helps. Tony.
Staying at these apartments in acouple of weeks time, can anybody tell me what time the shopping center next to it closes, has we don't arrive there till after 9pm and was wondering if we could get something to eat.
If you mean the massive Miramar complex, on the other side of the N340, it closes at 10pm. The Euromarket supermarket shuts at 9.30pm. Lots of places nearby where you can drop in and eat until 11pm.
I have decided to do a DIY to go to this hotel in February. I intend tio get the train from Malaga to Fuengirola station.

Does anyone know how to get to the the train station in Malaga airport. Is it well signposted and is it actually within the airport building area

I assume that the hotel is not within walking distance of the Fuengirola train station and a taxi will be required

Thanks

Stewart
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.