Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi There.... Have seen loads of funny things being carried on scooters but the best one was back in January on Baga bridge... Walking back from the beach we saw a mound of pots, pans, buckets and god knows what else in the middle of the road. It was all moving about and on our approach we found underneath all the housewares a man and his scooter. He had overloaded the thing so much he was buried beneath it all. Helped him upright and without a care in the world off he rides again into the sunset. How he managed to keep his balance or see anything is beyond me. He had things fastened to himself and the bike.It was hilarious. (nobody was hurt).
We have often seen a well dressed Dad, Mum, young child and the family piglet on a scooter.
Some very unkind people may suggest that the funniest thing they've seen on a scooter would be me and Mrs Roma! :rofl

I've seen a family of five, a rasta-man with a case of Kingfisher and a dog with a baseball cap, men on the passenger seat with large panes of glass :yikes and a bloke with an enormous (and I do mean enormous) parcel of empty plastic bottles.
I'm going to cheat a bit here as the funniest thing I saw was on way to Agra. A father was picking his 4 kids up from school. 3 of them were on the bike already and the eldest child was running and pushing the bike. Once it built up speed he jumped on. :D
Apart from the 'normal' two dead pigs...baskets of piglets...a windscreen....car bonnet...ladder....dress rail..I think the most !!!!! wasn't in India but Cambodia where there were three on a scooter. Nothing unusual - but the girl on the back was holding a 'drip' high above her head and the intravenous 'line' was attached to the passenger in the middle! :yikes
Seen recently on scooters..
a ladder
a bicycle
a section of drain pipe containing fishing rods.

Also seen a couple of scooters modified with two extra wheels at the back. I think these have been used to power carnival floats that are built over them.
2 guys on a scooter racing up the hill in Porvorim carrying a 15 x 10ft piece of glass wedged in between them and holding onto the edges with their bare hands?
I still wince now.
Chriss wrote:
2 guys on a scooter racing up the hill in Porvorim carrying a 15 x 10ft piece of glass wedged in between them and holding onto the edges with their bare hands?
I still wince now.

wonder if this was the same scooter we saw,i still cringe when i think of that sheet of glass,scarey or what
the most people ive seen on a scooter is 5 but my hubby saw 6 on one once,lol
oddest thing i saw this year was an f n wearing a crash helmet
oddest thing i saw this year was an f n wearing a crash helmet

:que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.