General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
When we were in Belamadena we went to the supermarket for some bottles of water... I bent down to pick the bottles up from the bottom shelf and my bikini top came flying off :yikes ... my hubby had wandered off so i had to try and cover myself up... when he eventually came back he found it very funny..... :rofl I can laugh about it now but at the time i was so embarassed.... :oops:
Seems funny now but not so at the time!! In Bulgaria last year my husband woke with a start saying something had crawled into his ear. I couldn't see anything but he was in a lot of pain and I have to say I thought with him being a man he was probably just being overdramatic. Anyway in the early hours off he trotted to the medical centre, bringing back his souvenir- an inch long black beetle!!

We had assumed since the little beastie had been washed in alcohol, he was well and truely dead so we then proceeded to try and put him in a pot for posterity....... at which point the little so and so ran away!! Luckily we did just have 4 days left of the holiday since none of us slept too well after that and my husband kept ear plugs in.

Pam :)
When I was younger I went to Ireland on the coach and ferry.on the way back to England We boarded the ferry and the driver and his mate (Irish) counted everybody off. Now when we got back on the coach we all sat down and he began counting us all off. WE were two short so we waited for a while. After about 20 minutes he did a recount and sure enough we were still two people short. So we waited another 20 minutes and theres no sign of them. By this point theres a queue of traffic waiting to get off the ferry.
Suddenly this Irish fella at the back of the coach shouts out to the driver "Are ye sure ye didn't count yerselves on the way out?"
Turns out the driver and his mate counted themselves in the number on the way there but only passengers when we got back on the coach! :D
kos- hubby forgot keys for padlocks on our cases so we had to saw them off with a bread knife as we arrived during the early hours of the morning!!!
laganas- we had a baby lizard in our room, then a sparrow flew in from the balcony and when we arrived home the lizard was in our case!!!
laganas- four days before we were due to get married my hubby slipped on wet tiles in a pub and split his arm open needing 7 stitches, a sling and no swimming. we went back to our apartments and the key snapped in the lock.
matagorda- there were ants in the kitchen so we used an ant spray which caused me to have an allergic reaction so i had to have an injection in my bum and stay out of the sun!!

lindsay.
cyprus 2006 -
been friends with all the staff at nicolas tavern since they opend now nearly about 12 years or so? 2006 i was there for my birthday & nicolas the owner & his wife andrula made me a birthday cake, as yulia come out with it all lit up ect.. a pile of plates fell onto the floor out of a waiters hand and smashed everywhere :whoops

another one from cyprus, we have been sitting at the same table for 10 years now in nicolas's :rofl and its right under the fan ( we need in in august ) ! and a man had a little girl with him as he went to put the highchair back inside hes lifted it above his head and got the legs caught in the fan, and the fan was hanging nearly on top us with everyone staring.. :yikes

Greece 2005-
my 2 daughters were in the swimming pool and everyone was quietly sat round the pool reading ect.. my daughter asked me to pass there lilo's in , as she grabbed it she pulled me in with it , and i was in the pool with all my clothes on soaking wet! :rofl , one of the girls there come up to my daughter on the night time and said, was that your mum who fell in the pool today ?!! :D

CourtneeLouise x
Fueteventura about 7 years ago. I woke up and realised I couldn't see out of one eye...looked in mirror and eyelid totally swollen shut.

Went to doctors surgery and was told I had an allergic reaction to something and would need antihistamines plus an injection.

Anyway, thought injection would be in my arm but no in my bum. In my haste and scared state I had just thrown a dress on with no underwear. Trying to explain I was wearing no pants was not understood.

Needless to say I wa mortified when i lifted up my dress....all the doctor could say was 'Aaahhh, now I understand you!!!'!!!!!! Eye cleared up well but tablets made me so tired I slept for 16 hours a day for the rest of my holiday!!!
Coming back from Tenerife a few years ago, we waited & wiated for one of our cases to come round on the carousel, until there was only one left, & it wasn't ours! So off trots Mrs Doon, and comes back with the airport blokey, who asks us "Are you sure this isn't your case?" We know it's not ours because ours had a strand of purple wool on it, this one doesn't.
So, airport blokey proceeds to force the lock & open the case, exposing 2 weeks worth of Mrs Doon's unwashed knickers :rofl
Talk about embarassed!!!! Airport blokey was great though, said it happens a lot (I don't believe him, but hey!)
I once had to hijack an Ostend-Dover jetfoil to get home! Obviously not on my own, everyone else who had been dumped from the earlier cancelled service joined in as well. And when the manager called the police they sided with us and walked away! Why isn't travel this much fun anymore.....???
Do we count the time I got locked in a lavatory in Latchi Cyprus? All the way back to Paphos someone who shall be nameless sang a certain song.

Patka
This wasn't a dissaster, but it was still funny!!

I was diving in Turkey a few years ago, 2005 I think it was. There had been a few terrorist threats in the tourist parts of Turkey including bomb threats and a couple of terrorist incidents. Anyway, I was off diving on this particular day and the weather was a little breezy. By the afternoon, the sea state was quite rough so it took about an hour longer than normal to get back to the marina. I got back to the hotel to meet up with the rest (I'm the only diver in our party) to find they weren't there. I checked their rooms, no signs of them. I grabbed a drink and waited in the bar and they got back one by one. All I got was 'where've you been?', you know where, diving was the reply. Aparently, the coastguard helicopter was doing it's usual patrol around the bay because of the recent terrorist threats and then headed offshore at a fair rate of knotts towards the area where we were diving. They'd got it in their heads the boat must have sunk; rough sea, late back, coast guard helicopter etc!!! I found it funny, they weren't impressed though! :rofl I got some stick when I went to the dive centre the morning after. That's one of the places they went to look.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.