Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hi,

Gale has a lovely beach bar as do all of the main beaches. My favourite beach is Coelha not far from Gale. For good grub try O'Mariniero which is east of you near Sesmarias ( I think but not far) or Museu de Salgados which we found pretty sound.

Need directions just ask. (3 weeks, 3 days and counting).

Lummie :P
Hi,

Coelha is lovely and one of our favourites but you have to walk about 10 minutes from the car park. It's fairly pushchair friendly but is across-country. Take a look at the other coves along between Gale and Albufeira, including Castelo, Praia Grande at Sao Rafael (larger than the others and not to be missed) and Arrifes. They all have beach restaurants.

You could try a restaurant called Ti-Manel in Gale. We had the mixed fish which was delicious and excellent value - 7 different fish, one after another, for 12 Euros (may be a bit more now).

You might like to go to Zoomarine or Slide and Splash. Both have websites and are quite close. The Old Town of Albufeira is lovely but, depending on when you're going, you might find parking a bit of a problem. If you're fairly mobile with the children, you could park at the new Marina, which is just past Sao Rafael, and walk round the cliff road to the Old Town. It takes about 20 minutes from the Marina.

Hope this gives you a few more ideas, just in case you get bored of lying on some of the best beaches in Europe!! :wave
If your self catering the SuperAli supermarkets in Gale tend to be a bit pricy...We tend to do our initial stock up at Lidl in Albufeira or maybe use the supermarket when visiting Algarve Shopping.

Gale beach is great with a couple of good beach restaurants on it, have used both. There's not a vast amount of restaurants and bars in the area but enough to keep you going for the week.
Algarve shopping? What is that - a big shopping centre? Is it worth a visit IF we get bored of sitting around in the sun all day?!?
Algarve Shopping has a huge supermarket (best in my opinion) and many shops. It also has restaurants, a cinema and a bowling alley. Its a mall but open air. We like to visit a couple of times every trip and is a lovely cool, breezy place when the heat gets too much. Really easy to get to, just of the main drag as well. My wife has a fave jewellery shop there and a good perfume/aftershave shop. Tease yourself with the Bang and Olufsen shop as well :)

Enjoy

Lummie 8)
Lummie is it the group of shops etc opposite Brisa Sol?
No, it's on the N125 just East of Guia. Afraid the Bang and Olufsen shop has gone now Lummie...
Yeah Algarve Shopping as malls go is quite pleasant..shop presentation seems a bit classier than the UK. Good choice of restaurants as well from fast food to a bit more upmarket.

The mall is also open till late so you don't have to miss time on the beach.

Bought a cheap fan from the Worthen outlet...much cheaper than the rep was going to rent us one.
these apartments are very well kept and close to the lovely gale beach
ideal for youngsters,if self catering go to lidl in alcantarilla very good quality and prices too.if walking to restuarants at night not too many close by but try "o amigo" and a couple of others in the vacinity these are child freindly. beach restaurants tend to be pricey if on a budget try "dois coelhas" on the back road into albufeira opposite the "ponte grande" complex others there as well watch for the couvert charges though if you don't want these tell them straight away otherwise you will be charged for all 4.if you just want small meals with small prices and children freindly
together with cheap beers etc try "o opcao" in the small village of pera not too far from where you are going back towards the en125 the new road into pera should now be finished.
enjoy :lol:
I beleive Aldi have also opened a supermarket near Makro & Leroy Merlins, this is also near Algrave Shopping Mall. Cheers Jayjan
Is their a taxi rank at Algarve Shopping?
Yes there is, but here is also a courtesy bus from several hotels, so it's worth checking out, even if you only go one way it will save a few bob...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.