Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
thanks..

we already had this reported a couple of weeks back in the flights forums also applies to Manchester

wizard
Just heard on local TV Granada News @ 11.30am that the strike will go ahead at Manchester but it seems they have changed their dates to 27th August and 1st Sept.
  • Edited by jayjan 2008-08-20 14:09:45
Jayjan, I love you! :kiss

Thank you so much for posting this!

You gem!

(I have been soooo worried about this...)

Thank you again! :kiss
Milly have a look at manchester airports website the dates are confirmed on it as the 27th August & 1st September.
I've had a look, thank you Jayjan. :)

(I still love ya! ;) )

Seriously, thanks again.

x x x
Your welcome Milly, nowt worse than being worried & havin stress when your hols have been booked for ages and lookng forward to them :sun2 :cheers
Apparently the strikes have been called off at all airports as they have put a new offer to the workers, so they are suspended til they get a reaction from the workers to see if they accept the offer.
God I hope they accept it as this is probably the last chance.Im so worried.
Me too fingers crossed as to have changed my flight would have cost me around €250 extra!
Really hoping this has been sorted out, im due to fly to madeira on 1st September from manchester!
Anni have you had a look on http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk information on there re the strikes and what you should do if your flying with one of the affected airlines. Hopefully it will be resolved before then, so everyone can go on holidays with a smiley face. :cheers
It said on the news that the strikes have been called off so all should be ok. I dont think first choice was affected at manchester anyway :)
Yes I also heard on the news last night that the strikes had been 'suspended' while they consider a new pay offer. I haven't yet seen any official pronouncement from the airports/airlines.
Yes that is what I heard, that the strikes have been suspended until they get a reaction from the workers.

So if the workers still arent happy with the new pay rise then the strikes will still go ahead. Im sure it said they were putting the new offer to them yesterday, so theyve had time to think about it. I would have thought they would have kicked up a fuss by now if they werent happy with it but who knows. I also read somewhere they have til the weekend to decide, so we may not know until sunday.

Im still not getting my hopes up as we are not out of the woods yet. I hate the fact that my holiday is in the hands of someone elses decision.
It's awful isn't it?

Fingers crossed they reach an agreement and everyone can all breathe easy.
I still havent heard anymore about the strikes, and all the airline websites just say that you must book in as normal. So im taking that as all flights are as normal and the strikes are completely off.
Im sure they would have kicked up a fuss by now surely, if they were going to strike.They wouldnt leave it til the last day would they?
Both the Monarch website and the Gatwick website have messages to say that the strikes havebeen called off.

I haven't looked at the other airports in detail but the Monarch site says the strikes at Manchester are also off.

(Good job you weren't on monarch 1489 from zakyntos yesterday - arrived today 16 hours late, but that's for another forum.)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.