Caribbean - Cuba Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Cuba
I understand you have to pay 25cuc to leave the country, do you have to pay anything to enter the country?

Yes, you do in the form of the cost of your 'visa' (it operates more like an entry tax) which roughly costs the sterling equivelent of 25CUCs. Most TOs include it in the overall cost of the package and send it out with your flight tickets. You'll need to check with Thomas Cook whether this is what they do or not - if they don't it's easy to obtain it yourself but you do need to get it in advance ready for handing over to Cuban Immigration as you arrive. If you don't they won't turn you away but it's a hassle and can take time which won't make you popular with other guests if it holds up the transfer bus!

What is the average weather in degrees?

In May you can expect the temperatures to be high (30s during the day and still in upper 20s of an evening) but it could be starting to get a bit humid in the late afternoon by then.

What is the evening entertainment like (truthfully)?

I've never stayed in your hotel but my general experience is that with regards to the music of an evening etc you'll find better (and more authentic) on offer at bars frequented by the locals away from the hotel and the standard of any stage shows will be better with the regional dance companies or at the Tropicana than with those based in the hotels. I suppose it depends on exactly what you are looking for in terms of entertainment in the evenings. For me, my idea of a good night is to go to a bar with live music playing, have 1 or 2 (or more!) mojitos and dance some salsa. On the whole that isn't what's on offer in most of the tourist hotels which is why I would tend to go into the nearest town but that isn't necessarily an option on the cayos.

I can't help with any of your other questions because I haven't stayed in your hotel or done the sort of organised trips that I think you are probably wanting to do.

SM
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.