Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
GENERAL STRIKE
4 Posts
hi does any one know if there are any more strikes planned and how many and when
and does it mean the airports are interupted too ?? cheers plus does any one know if the uero is expected to keep on decreasing against the pound i got 115.9 last week
A bit late for greekofile but on the day of the riots in Athens, which was the 1st day of the last general strike I know the easyJet flight to Heraklion was cancelled & I'm pretty sure that the airport in Crete was closed.

However ekathimerini, which is the English language version of one their online newspapers, reported that flights yesterday were to be unaffected as air-traffic controllers announced that they would not join the walkout. One can only assume therefore that the airport staff, presumably not part of the main unions organising the strikes, must have been working. Hopefully greekofile got there.

It also reports that another day is planned for June (hopefully not the 17th when I fly) but that date doesn't seem to have been released.
hooly
arriverd Tuesday thanks. Up and running now for 28 days!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.