Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Also been looking at the rovers return, lazy waves and champions Has anyone been to these places and if so what are they like for entertainment for the kids also prices for drinks? Do they serve food if so is it edible??

I have also come across house of illusion, anyone been here? if so how much will it be for 2 adults 2 children ages 11/9? Is it a good place to go and worth the money?? Do you get food and drinks included ( like pirates)

We are staying in the calypso how far will we have to travel to get there and can we do it DIY?? Sorry for all the questions i have fired at you all HT members but hey if you dont ask you will never find out Right!!
Thanks in advance
Kerrie :wave:
I found the George and Dragon advert on a different site and they were stating free playstation there as well. Sorry I can't help anymore :cry
Might just pop in and see whats what :tup Cant wait for june woohoo :sun2
:wave: hi there are a few good pubs opposite the california hotel(hole in the wall etc) that are good for the kids, one place does face painting. also off the europa roundabout at the back of the cottage there is shennanigans it's good too.went to house of illusion with 2 adults and 2kids two years ago and it cost 50-60euros and the food wasn't great chicken and chips in a basket and fruit and cream out a can, but the beer and wine were on the table for you to help your self. the artists were funny. not sure about the other questions you've asked.
Hi beermat
Thanks for your reply
Did you notice if the house of illusion done any other food as my youngest is allergic (spelling) to chicken, it sounds a little bit like the pirates night out in magaluf ( you paid at the door and your food and drinks :cheers were included. Dont know why i am stressing over places to eat though as we are half board in the calypso ( just incase the food is not up to much i suppose :yuck )
Thanks again
kerrie
I'd ask in resort if anyone has been to the house of illusion as I've read a couple of negative views on it.
Ok i will do that glynis. Thanks for the tip :tup
Kerrie :wave
:wave: hi we booked the house of illusion through the rep at the hotel and the only thing we got offered was chicken. there are some good places to eat in salou, like the rio grande(near to house of illusion), buddies on the europa roundabout, fox and hounds across from the delfin hotel, there is mcdonalds on the front aswell.
Beermat what was the show like as I've read it wasn't too good? Is it worth Kerrie booking in your opinion?
:wave: glynis we didn't rate the show but some people might.i don't think it's worth the money.lots of one liners and wondering what they are going to say next. :think
Thanks for that. Am sure it will help Kerrie. :wave:
We went to the House Of Illusion, and found it a good night, OK you only get Chicken and Chips, but the tricks were great, it is not a massive venue, i would say 30 tables max, also the beer is free, and the wine, and soft drinks, so i think we drank more than the ticket prices, i would go along if i were you, as it is a good fun night.
Booboo2 would the venue be suitable for Kerrie's children (not sure how old they are - Kerrie?)
Sorry forgot to say :duh my boys will be 11 and 9.
Thanks for the replies guys
Kerrie
hi alsbaby the venue would suit your kids.
Thanks Beermat,
Dont know if we will go all depends on funds i suppose. I have just relised that i have to pay £220 By 12 feb and then the rest of the balance by the end of april :duh , Havent even thought about the spends yet :omg :omg
I worry every year and we always get there in the end, just have to cut back abit on day to day living.
Thanks
kerrie :wave
:wave: you'll get there in the end. beans on toast is o.k. for a couple of months but after that a wee change to spaghetti on toast is on the menu ha! ha! :rofl i think the same every year if we book for going on holiday :yikes
Hee hee beermat
Beans on toast it is (even if kids hate beans and spaghetti) oh well they can just have toast :rofl . As i said i always start to panic :omg and we never go short on our hols. So i think i should just chill out abit. Cant wait 19 weeks today (How sad am i :( )
Kerrie
:D not sad at all. by the way about the toast, maybe butter, butter and jam, just jam tehe! we're looking to book for 2009!!! another 22 months before we go :rofl :hyper
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.