Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
I'd be interested in anyones views on Georgioupolis - surely someone has been to it that reads this forum?!!
We are looking to book to go end of July. (Possibly the Sunlight Beach Studios with Kosmar) This would be our first visit to Georgioupolis with our 8 year old daughter. Any views would be much appreciated!!!
hi welcome to HT..... have you tried looking at the members resort reports yet

wizard
We went to Georgioupolis a couple of years ago and loved it. Theres plenty good places to eat and a lovely road train service to the nearby lake. We stayed at kokalis and it has the most comfortable apartments i have ever experienced in Greece.
LizzyB wrote:
I'd be interested in anyones views on Georgioupolis - surely someone has been to it that reads this forum?!!
We are looking to book to go end of July. (Possibly the Sunlight Beach Studios with Kosmar) This would be our first visit to Georgioupolis with our 8 year old daughter. Any views would be much appreciated!!!

We stopped off in Georgioupolis last year briefly while driving around. It seemed quite a nice smaller resort. There is a nearby lake which is worth a visit and its not far from Chania or Reythmynon if you dont mind travelling. The resort kind of reminded me of Torquay in the sun, an 8 year old should really enjoy it. This place is more of a small bucket and spade type resort, if its history and culture your after you wont find it here....but nevertheless its a great quieter place to see the western end of the Island from. :-)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.