Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
You can use your GHD's here, remember you will need an adaptor plug. A few points to consider though (1) because of the fluctuation in voltage they won't get as hot as at home (2) end of march is humid so the minute you step outside the humidity will play havoc and any curls will creep back in........probably best to leave them at home and go au naturale!!
GFF xx
Thats exactly what I told my daughter. It'll be a waste of time straightening her hair cos of the humidity.

Leave them at home!
Ive taken mine both times, believe me in the UK i cant live without them but taking them to Goa is a complete waste of time and effort. After about 5 mins of being outside your hair will go ''Boing''!!!

Just let it be as nature intended to be out there, its quite liberating. No one will take any notice anyway :haha :cheers
Thanks ladies :tup I`m gonna show Mrs FTV this thread, she took hers the last 2 years and still she insists she is taking them this time as well, I have other ideas lol.
I always take mine and guess what, have never used them, it's like a comfort blanket, have to have them with me. :rofl

Donna
XX
Im lucky enough to have straight hair, and only use hair straighteners at home when ive gone to bed without drying my hair, then my hairs a right mess.
I dont take them to goa, but i get most of my bad hair days in Goa so i might take them this year.
My GHDs worked fine but even they had a real job straightening the congealed mass that was my hair after a shower. The Goan water just did not agree with it and all holiday it felt like an old matted carpet on my head. 2 honeybees though and I stopped caring :)
i cannot live without my ghds so i will have to take them, if only to do my fringe, the rest of my hair can be tied back but the good ol fringe will need a straightner to it!!
thanks for the warning - I cant live w/out my ghds either on holiday - think im going to take a couple of caps with me and just attempt to use the ghds to keep the fringe straight lol!!
ps does anyone know if they sell nice hats in Goa?! I have a nice straw one but its too big to put in my suitcase lol!!
Bunny they sell an assortment of hats from the sellers stalls at Baga Beach, straw hats, baseball caps etc so I am sure you will be able to get them everywhere.
I would buy a cheap one out there and chuck it away before you come home. Gives you more space in your case! :tup
Thats the plan!! Luckily we arrive the sat evening so just in time for the market lol!!
Brilliant Bunny! You will get something at the market no problem at all. :)
  • Edited by Gemma33 2008-01-17 17:24:34
Thank you to all for your replies and info.
Taking everything into account what has been said i guess frizz-eze (shipping orders) will be needed for my bonce.......anyone out there same time, i'll be the one sporting the dodgy poodle barnet!!!

Anyone going soon, have a fab time! :tup
Dont worry Melhaigh we will all look the same :rofl
My hair is straight and I dont need to use straightners.
But no matter what my hair always manages to look about 10 times its normal size in Goa just cos of the heat :hot
I'm sorry but my hair is a ball of fuzz if i don't do anyting with it.

I have probably given up thinking of straightening the back, but i do need them for my fringe. As this will just look naf with out straighteners.
My hair's quite long and was a ball of fuzz all the time I was there. If I lifted one strand the entire mass of hair lifted with it. It looked OK but felt like a brillo pad (remember those). My GHDs were invaluable if only to flatten the top section of hair so that it could disguise the lumpy mess beneath. I did get one tip though from a Goan friend and it did help. Rub liquid coconut oil (the stuff they sell in the blue bottle) into the mass of hair and leave it in during the day and it does help to soften it when its washed.
Another tip regarding hair...

I always buy some stuff from Boots that i spray onto my hair during the day, it protects against the sun, sea, and swimming pool, even has SPF 15 i think.

Another tip, although i didnt really bother in 2006, is to WEAR A HAT during the day.
The sun seriously drys out your hair, and you will end up with big chunks on skin coming off your scalp. It sounds horrible doesnt it?

As suggested by Sim, rub coconut oil into your hair during the day, and that spray from boots, or you could get it from somewhere else?
Especially when you get out of the swimming pool, then put your hat on.
when we went last year my sister-in-law took a full size set of carmen rollers :D what a waste of luggage allowance!
Have taken my GHD's twice to Goa and it is a complete waste of time attempting to straighten hair. The humidity is too high at the time we go in March/April.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.