Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Jo, there are lots of Tour shops along the shopping district, you can just book there, and they even pick you up at your Hotel (the same as the people who pay twice as much) I know it costs about 11 Euros from Fuengirola, but think we saw it advertised Cheaper in Benalmadena.
Well worth a visit, well we think anyway.

Hope this helps, 25 more sleeps and we will be there !!!!! :sun2 :sun2 :sun2
Hollands toffee, thanks for your swift reply are you going to Benalmadena? I am assuming you have been before, we go on 23 May?

Can you answer my questions about the other places to visit?

Thanks

Jo
Jodieh12 - was in Benal in March; we hired a car from the car rental/excursion place just at the bottom of Cardiac Hill, where the Bali Hotel is situated. As you get to the bottom turn left and its about a 3 minute walk along. Cannot remember name of company - sorry but it was somethink like Alameous. Cost us £90 for a Vauxhall Meriva - there was 5 of us. They charged 11 euros each for the coach trip; it picks up around 7.30 in the morning getting back around 6 in the evening.

If you do hire a car, park Spanish side of Gib; once you reach La Linea - which is the last Spanish town before Gib - you end up on the main road into Gib. There is parking all along this road; think we paid about 5 euros for around 5 hours. It just depends what you want from your trip to Gib - whehter its just a shopping trip or a sight seeing trip.

Mijas is definitely worth a visit. Again the bus stop is just on the main road at the bottom of Cardiac Hill. Think it was a number 11; took around 45 minutes to get there and cost 1 euro 25 each. We got a bus around 11.10 on a Saturday morning and got one back around 1.40.

Hope the above helps.
Thanks for that AguilaMike; I have printed a copy off for my next holiday to CdS in July.
There's tour company with offices opposite Bali hotel whom we have gone to Gib with. Much cheaper than holiday companies.
We took bus from Benalmadena to Malaga then got Nerja bus and changed there for Frigliana. Its beautiful. Aqualand is dead easy to get to from Benalmadena. You can walk it too
The company just down the hill from the Bali are Arman Tours, and, yes, they are about the cheapest around.
we went from that place opposite the Bali. I think it was about 9 euros (4 years ago) Now bear in mind how much you save on your litre of spirits allowance and the trip is more or less free! :) I think we were picked up about 7am and the Bali laid on a continental breakfast (rolls, ham, croisants, etc)
When you go in the travel agents don't let them talk you into going on the Morocco trip - it is dreadful and an awful waste of money. We live in BM and have talked about going on the trip so decided to do it. We went very early - got there at 11 and were taken for lunch there and then after a little tour round. After lunch they took us shopping but to only the shops they wanted us to go in. Wouldn't let us go into any we wanted. Back to the boat just after 3 to sit there until it left at about 5. So all in all a complete waste of money and we saw nothing we wanted to see.
aram tours shop opp hotel best tour i have every had.loads of info on the way down.9 euros in jan 2008
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.