Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Goa in April
19 Posts
Shacks will be open till the last Charter goes. Plus you have Easter holidays and they are open for that.

I couldnt go there in April because of the humidity. I stayed till May one year and was so relieved to get back to the Uk to get away form the humidity. You would need AC accommodation if you do go.
Even if you go out early morning or later in the afternoon its still going to be humid.

If that was the only time i could go,i would go but with AC and a swimming pool .Just take a lot Re hydration powder in the day and take clothes no thicker than a handkerchief.
Always go that time of year (also due to work) and both cope very well. I'ts hit and miss about humidity, last year was perfect with a breeze every night. Sun in the day is as hot as most other months, but I would still set off early morning if going somewhere like Panaji.
The previous year wasn't bad, but the one before was as high as we have known it, very sticky and not too good if in a bar with no back up generator for the fans etc.. Don't let it put you off though, last season at the time of year was busy (the busiest we have known) for the 2 weeks we were there.
Some shacks were coming down 1st week in March, but only due to non-licence holders, quite a few were steady, some busy, others dead - restaurants were busy everywhere from what we saw, shops nowhere near looking like closing.
Reports on the last flights coming in for the last 2 weeks of the season were full, so ain't bad all round.
Spike
Thank you Imho & Spike.

I really want to go in April, but my other half isn't sure.

The hotel where we stay has a/c and a pool that isn't too far away from the main building.

If we went in April, I think we would have to get down to the beach early because as you know walking over deep hot sand is no joke when the sun is high in the sky.

If it is really humid, are there more mozzies?
Mozzies, are no more a problem than any other time. 11 years we have been going at that time of year along with many others, and nothing to put us off - so get yourselves booked !!
got to agree with spike. i went for the first time april this year and had a great time. yes, it was hot toward the end of april and humidity was something else! but you get used to it and it is managable. still a good breeze on the beach both day and night and as others have said, do your traveling/inland stuff early mornings. i myself had just 2 mozzie bites....both at the airport coming home! have a great holiday :wave:
by the way, charter flights are packed, especially the last returning flights, and that was before the volcano issue.
Thank you Musonik, I am going to work on the other half this weekend and try to persuade him to book. As he is the cause of us not going when we usually do, I think he ought to pay for the holiday, parking and lounge too (normally we go 50/50) ;)
just make him pay for the aircon ;)
I went to Goa in early April for 2 weeks a few years ago. We stayed at the park avenue on Baga road, near the ticlo resort, and we didn't even have air c o n.

But, I had to sleep under the fan at night as the humidity was quite bad.

I would definetly go again in April, in fact I will be going again in April 2011 as this is the only time I can get off work/uni.
Been twice in early April....both were humid...but hey, you get used to it...(just)

Quite happy for you to have a look at my photos....both sets were taken in early April and so it will give you an idea of how busy it is.

However, remember Easter 2011 is the last weekend in April and so I am guessing most places will make the most of the extended season.

http://www.pbase.com/iaintwoeyes/goa_2008
http://www.pbase.com/iaintwoeyes/goa2009

Enjoy! :tup
Debs 16. Have a look at link to photo's above from iaintwoeyes! Think you will find them interesting! I did! Thanks iaintwoeyes!! :wave:
Cheers for that paula,and Ian great pics,really enjoyed looking at them,i will so miss the M.D next year
I am very worried, and seeing as there is already a topic about Goa in April, i thought i would post here rather than clog up the board.

I said before that i was looking for a holiday to Goa for end of March/early April 2011. Since checking my sons school holidays, it seems that he doesnt break up for the easter holidays until Fri 15th April.

I get 3 weeks off university and work from w/c Mon 11th April, and we could possibly depart during that week and let my son miss a couple of days of school (got to be better than missing 2 whole weeks)

I have never been this late in the season before, only ever been early April, and Jan/Feb.

I know that easter falls at the end of April, so does this mean that places will be open still?

Im not too bothered about it not being busy, as i actually like it a bit quiet, but id still like the shacks to be open as this is what makes my holiday.

We arent going to book until just after new year hoping the prices will come down a bit, but ive already seen a flight with thomascook for Tuesday 12th April 14nights for 460pounds per person.
I was worried about there being a lack of open shacks, but as Easter is at the end of April I think a lot of shacks will still be up and running.

Regarding booking the actual holiday, my other half wants to wait until after the New Year as he feels that as we want to go towards the end of the season, whatever is left should come down in price. My only concern is that if bookings are down, companies such as Thomson, First Choice etc., may just cancel holidays altogether, but I guess that is a chance we have to take.
yummymummy - some shacks will be down but many others are open to the last weekend, likewise with bars/restaurants and shops, and any excursions you are after will still be available.

sydney - It's a gamble waiting any time of the year for cheap offers, we have booked for end of March already, the price suited our budget and we know we have a seat on the plane, but yes.. prices could drop and we would grimmace at it, but we are booked - so end of.
Comments from friends over the last 4 years who have gone at the back end of April, have been mixed regarding full planes/half empty etc..
To you both, it's still a great time to go.
Hi, hubby and i thinking of booking and coming over on the 22nd April for 2 weeks ( got to make the most of out visa's), can anybody give me any info on how things are at the moment regarding weather and shacks being open. Would we need to book accomodation or could we do it once there. We will be heading for candolim once again.
I am in Candolim at the moment. It's fairly quiet tourist-wise so accommodation should be easy to find. Many shacks are still up and shops, bars and restaurants open.

It is very hot and sticky though, so you will need airconditioning in order to be able to sleep.
This time next week we will be there. :D I know it will be hot and sticky but couldn't think of a better place to be.
Plenty of loose clothing and cold beer along with a meet up or two with good friends.
Who could ask for more :cheers

Counting down the hours

Steve
Have any of you been to Betalbetim or Benaulim (South Goa) - not sure where to stay next April (which is only time we can get there next year!) - went to Cavelossim in Feb 2010 and loved it, but wanted to stay somewhere close by for a change (so we can visit) but worried they will be too quiet? - any advise appreciated :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.