Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Goa in Feb
5 Posts
hi, we bought towels in goa from a shop on the calangute road to the beach, its better than taking towels from home, more room in case. and you can leave it there, they are not expensive to buy
neil
Depends where you go...........now if you are going into the jungle you would expect a lot of mozzies, but my experience is that you take precautions, buy your cream out there as it is very cheap. To be honest I have seen far more Mozzies in Greece.
Towels - buy the blue and white striped ones locally (they're everywhere) as they are very cheap.

The only time you have real problems with the mossies is from about 5.30 - 6.30 every evening (dusk). Use Odomos which is bought locally and cover your arms and legs (something light and cotton though or you'll look like a steamed pudding about 15 minutes after you leave your room).

Maybe at dawn too but I'm either at sea fishing or still fast asleep at dawn so I couldn't really comment.

Also, odourless garlic capsules rubbed on your skin works very well - make sure it's odourless first though or you'll smelllike a garlic nan all night.
We hope to go for overnight trip to see ELEPHANTS etc so info helpful.Ta
Which is best place to book for Elephant trip please ?
Can't wait to get there !
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.