Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
goa with m/t
9 Posts
By sending you the voucher they are admitting there was a problem.

Phone Ros Fernihough on 01922 621114 she will advise you free of charge your next course of action.

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:00 pm Post subject: ugly bridge baga

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am going to river side guest house,i was told today by mytravel,that the new bridge started on the 22 of this month,i was told it will be a bit noisy ,and i can change hotels,i dont realy want to change,i cant see it been that bad,does anybody no any differant.

As they informed you of the work and gave you the opportunity to change hotels, I can't see that you have much of a chance of an improved offer. Is the voucher one that you can perhaps pass on to a friend or member of the family?
Don't mean to appear harsh poultonkid, but under the circumstances I think you are lucky to have been ofered any compensation at all.

Peter
Peter
I tend to agree with you on this one.
If I'd been advised of a potential noise problem near my hotel and declined the offer to change hotels as I'd decided that it wouldn't be 'that bad', then given a £400 voucher, I think I'd consider I'd been pretty lucky.

Also, I thought that all complaints should be made to the rep in the resort at the time.

Poultonkid
did you complain to the MyTravel rep at the time, and if not, why not?

Polly
THIS is the full thread Fiona has quoted from, on which one member posted this -

when we left 6 jan they had started demolishing the concrete bridge with jack hammers and it was extremely noisy. When the compressors broke down they started using hammers and chisels.

I would have asked for another hotel well away or cancelled and got a full refund. MT have gone beyond legal requirements to offer compensation as I see it.

Peter
I bet if My travel had known about the first posting it wouldnt have sent a voucher either...... :roll:
I'm a rep for a TO and I have to say that you should take the 400 quid and run. You won't get any more in my opinion.

They really have no obligation to give you anything as they informed you before you left that this work was going on and gave you the opportunity to change hotels and you declined. I am very surprised that they have offered anything at all to be honest. I'm sure it is an error on their part.

Put it down to experience and use the money on another holiday.

Louise
A couple of things here....

You have to allow 28 days for the tour operator to reply to your letter - so don't say they are ignoring you unless you have waited longer than this.

If you received a voucher as a gesture of goodwill - it's unlikely they will change it for cash and, if they do exchange it the cheque will more than likely be less than the amount on the voucher.

They won't exchange the voucher for cash unless you return the original voucher to them.

Best to take the voucher and use it on another holiday or see if you can use it on just a flight or accommodation only.

Bear in mind - if a tour operator contacts you to say there "may" be a problem - it usually means they've already worked out for themselves that there "will" be a problem.

Believe me - I used to work for a tour op company in UK :wink:

Cyprus100
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.