Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
hi rosaleen, you beat me to it! i was just about to ask the same question. we have booked to go there in may, so if noone answers your query i will let you know what its like when we get back. santa ponsa itself is great, lovely beach and loads of places to eat and drink !! - :wave - dotty
hi,I have also booked golf beech in september after reading the brilliant reviews.dottg please post on your return I wait with bated breath lol and have a good holiday.
Here is the website for this accommodation:-

Golf Beach Website

If anyone has stayed here would you please add your review HERE inorder to assist your fellow holidaymakers.

Many Thanks :wave
hi lessie and rosaleen, we got back this week from the golf beach. we had a fantastic time in santa ponsa. don't think either of you will be dissapointed. i've written reviews in hotel and resort forums - take a look, and anything you want to know, just ask away - regards dotty
hi going to this hotel september just wondering is it ok as we are both 50plus dont fancy in with the young clubbers. Also could anyone tell me are the balconies furnished as I cannot see this on any website. I do love sitting on balcony with a glass of wine
Haven't stayed here so can't tell you about the balconies but had a look inside last year. Spoke to some guests who were very pleased with the standard and level of service. Seems to be a small and friendly hotel with the individual touch. Seemed to be plenty of room for sunbeds etc. Wouldn't imagine many clubbers would be here as it's away from the square and Irish quarter but close to the plaza and beach. Only negative thing would appear be lack of aircond in rooms. Their website is here:
http://www.hotelgolfbeach.com/eng/index.htm
hi rosaleen,
have a look at http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/balearic-islands/mallorca/santa-ponsa/golf-beach-hotel/
we were there in may, and there were no 'young clubbers' there then. we are 'young' 50 year olds and really enjoyed it there. it's a very clean, friendly, hotel and a short walk to beach and shops,bars and restaurants. the balconies have just 2 plastic garden type chairs and a low stool type table. if you can, try and request a top floor room, there are lifts, you will have lovely views of the mountains. Peter, the manager and his staff are really friendly, you will not be dissapointed, i'm sure of it!! if you need any more info, please pm me. it was a toss up for us whether we go back there this september or to go back to escana, and escana won, but we will definately be going back to the golf beach next year. - regards- dotty
Hi dotty

Thanks for the reply just one more question Are the rooms very hot will I need to hire a fan? We went to santa eulalia in June and spent an evening in es cana had a nice meal on the sea front.
hi rosaleen, when we went in may, the first 3 days were really cool, then it warmed up for the rest of the week. there is a ceiling fan, which worked really well. If you decide that it,s not enough and you need to hire a fan, there is a long list down on reception of things that can be hired, i'm sure a fan was listed. you can hire allsorts of things, kettle, iron, tv etc, cant remember the prices though, sorry. there are no tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms. if you need anything, just ask peter, the manager, he will do his best to sort it out for you.
escana is lovely, isn't it, loads of good restaurants on the seafront. we cant wait, 16 days to go !!! - regards - have a great time. dotty x
we are going on sept 14 it sounds a really good hotel and nice resort probably see you there
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.