Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
I believe that the hotel colombus now does all inclusive

seems a very popular hotel for the youngsters

and is only a stones throw away from starco/veronicas area
Have read some bad reports on this hotel. Would really like to know what the food and drink are like.
Las Dalias is within walking distance... OK, it's not on top of the strip, but it is just a 5 min walk (or stagger) away, and I believe they do AI now. It's about middle-market for Tenerife, I would say a lot better than the Columbus but not up to Bahia del Duque standards.

Cheers,
Gary
Las Dalias is within walking distance, but it is just a 5 min walk

sorry gary i have to strongly disagree with the above comment, and it could be misleading for people,

it takes me 5 mins to walk to the strip from palm beach.

I'm sorry but your looking at around 15-20 mins walk from las dalias to starcos/veronicas, and it is a route that i would most def not like to stagger home at when you've had a few, cause i wouldn't like to know how long it would take you then.

or 5 euros in a taxi.

this map should help you, las dalias is on the left and starcos/veronicas on the far right

http://www.eurosol.com/map_p2.htm
My daughter and her friends are going to Las Dalias today,they are going AI,have read good reviews about it :sun
It's a fair call Chris, it's been a while, but I don't recall it taking too long to walk from the Las Dalias to the strip.

When we used to stay in the Mare Nostrum I ran from there past the strip up to the San Eugenio shopping centre, and it took me about 12 mins on a good day, so I was probably thinking that it was about a third of that run... and a bit slower! But maybe I was being optimistic...

I guess it does depend on how fast you walk... whether it's a brisk walk or a saunter. You're probably right in that it's likely to have taken us nearer to 10 mins to stroll down and 15 mins back up! But my point was that it's not that far really, and when my wife and I stayed there about ten years ago we walked to veronicas and back most nights, and didn't feel that it was too far.

Also, I can't vouch for the Las Dalias now, but I was told by someone we know that the AI there was not too bad. Hence I thought I'd mention it. Personally we prefer the Bahia Principe, but I wouldn't want to walk to veronicas from there :-)

Cheers,
Gary D.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.