Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Good AI Rhodes
9 Posts
Be very careful when selecting A / I in Rhodes . At least 2 this year have had big problems with illness amongst the guests
What's your particular reason for wanting AI? Although appropriate & a good idea in some places, in Rhodes (or Greece in general) it's not the best way to go. If it's an absolute must for you then be careful as tpebop says, even without the illness the food has often been reported to be bland & repetetive. A real shame when there are so many good places to eat anywhere in Greece & trying as many as possible is half the fun!
tpebop that's a very unfair thing to say when there's hundreds of hotels on the island and to be fair EVERY hotel has an outbreak of something once a year,from the common cold to minor food poisoning,maybe you should either elaborate and add fact and substance to your comments or not make them at all instead of turning up once a fortnight to make a vague and often unhelpful statement.

to the OP,I'd recommend the Louis colossus beach myself,or the royal mare.....esperos palace.....atrium palace,god there's so many to choose from,depends on other requirements such as type of resort,who you're travelling with etc etc,what i will say is that the east coast(kalithea,faliraki,lindos,pefkos etc) have far better beaches and the resorts in my opinion off a more 'resort' feel than the other coast(ixia trianda,kremasti etc).

post some more info :tup
I know its not the way we usaully go, like to pick a nice taverna but prices now make us do AI, especially doing two weeks
If you're looking to stay in the hotel then at least get a good beach,there's a long strip of AI hotels on the outskirts of faliraki,far enough away not to be classed really as faliraki though,theyre all on the beach,one o fthe best on the island,they have the waterpark nearby,regular busses to and from rhodes town and a fair share of beachfront tavernas etc,but like i say they're a good 20-30 minute walk out of town so are in a nice and quiet area but are in themselves huge complexes so have all you could need,the best ones in my opinion are:

Esperides hotel/village
Esperos palace
Rodos palladium
Louis colossus

there's also the blue sea,the pegasus,the royal rodian,the grecotel and so on,all in one long strip,all are very clean and well looked after and like i say,well placed for the beach etc
Booking AI on an island offering such great restaurants and tavernas is the last thing I'd do but each to their own. I've heard glowing reports on the Atlantica hotels, there are 3 on the island based in Kolymbia and Ixia. You can view the hotels here and they're available to book through Thomson (probably others too) http://www.atlanticahotels.com/en/Destinations/Greece/
kolymbia is a lovely place,definitely more tranquil than Ixia,which is itself a main road without much character,permanent gale force winds and a stoney beach,in contrast kolymbia is a real sleepy resort but with plenty of lively bars and tavernas,and a really nice 'typical' beach,sheltered and ramshackle with clear calm water.
The Atlantica in Ixia is in a great spot samba, it's next to the beach but in a nice quiet area away from the main road. It's very family orientated though (don't know if you're travelling with children or not bejay?) and if the beach is a priority the East coast is much better.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.