Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Welcome to HT! :wave:

For questions/info regarding flights, please post in the relevant thread in the flights forum HERE. Thanks ;)

Have a look through the hotel reviews HERE to get you started.

Pippy :)
Apart from the Sandals chain of hotels, which we've always had a great time at, the other adults only hotel we really liked was Rendezvous on St Lucia, which is also more reasonable price wise. Several friends have stayed there more recently and really enjoyed it.
I believe the Couples resorts on Jamaica are also meant to be very good.
Check out the Iberostar Grand Paraiso on the Riviera Maya, Mexico. This is available through First Choice Premier Luxury. We got married in 2006 at the sister hotel, Paraiso Maya, which was fantastic but a family hotel. We were able to tour the Grand when it was nearly completed 12 months ago and it looked amazing and gets great reviews on Tripadvisor. We are off to stay at the Grand in October for 8 nights and it can't come around soon enough!

Cazz
I would choose one of the 4 couples hotels in Jamaica
The Royal Playa del Carmen in Playa del Carmen, Mexico also gets wonderful reviews on TA. It's adults only and you don't need any reservations of any of the a'la carte restaurants. Top shelf drinks and right on 5th Ave. Looks amazing!!! We are going there in September with Thomas Cook. Can't wait. Denny
Hi seasideblues. Is it an adults only hotel you're after or just a hotel that is particularly good for adults?
If it's the latter, we've had great stays at the Sunscapes in the Dominican (The Beach now being a Dreams resort). We're off to the El Dorado Royale in Mexico in a few weeks which is adults only and we're hoping that will be equally (if not more) fabulous!! :tup
Sunaholic
My friend went to el Dorado Royale a couple of years ago and said it was fab. I'm sure you'll have a great time!
Ive stayed at 3 of the couples hotels Negril was my favourite and very nice, but for me excellence riviera in Mexico was nicer and we are returning in Sept 08.
Hi there...we have done the following and couldn't find a significant fault with any of them...

Aventura Spa Palace, Mexico

Excellence Punta Cana D.R.

Sandals Royal Hicacos Cuba

Couples Negril Jamaica

Galley Bay Antigua

Sandals Grande, St. lucia

Would DEFINATELY recommend doing the flight upgrade with whoever you are flying with...

next stop for us - Sandals Royal Bahamian..

ENJOY!

ATB,J.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.