Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Goodfellow
18 Posts
I'll be there from 11th May, so I'll definately pop in for a couple.
Hi Guys - thanks for your concerns :oops:

It has started to get a little busier, since we've now put on most of our shows, and I've been rushing about for the last few days.

I try not to post on here just for the sake of it, but only when I feel I can contribute in some way, but I do check the site daily.

Tomorrow is the start of the season proper, and quite a few hotels are opening - Fiesta Jongla, Fiesta Tropico, Magalluf Playa, Solivera, Sol Guadaloupe, etc etc, although there are other Hotels Sol Trinidad, Hotel Samos, which are keeping their Spanish Pensionistas longer this year than usual.

I'm pleased to say that the PR ban does seem to be holding - there are virtually no PR's on the streets, other than the Time Share leeches, but even they seem to be getting knicked a lot more than I've ever seen before. The down-side for workers is that there are fewer jobs about, and I think there will be some bars which have relied on the late night workers for their trade that will suffer this year.

All in all, we're looking forward to the season - meeting new customers, trying to remember the names of old customers :( and simply having enough money at the end of the season to get us through the winter!

Living the dream! :rofl

Cheers, Adam
Hi we hope to pop in and have a drink at your music bar too (as long as kids are welcome ;) )

19, days and counting :rofl

how far are you from C'as Saboners Apartments?

K
Hi Kazzza

Kids are welcome, although with some of the shows ( eg Hypnotist Show) you need to exercise Parental discretion, depending upon their age. It's not that it's unsuitable, it's just that some of the "subjects" can get a bit excited, and occasionally use "industrial" language. ;)

We're not too far from Appts C'As Sabbones - my son goes to C'As Sabbones School, and he walks to the bar in about 10 minutes.
whats the weather like adam
Wall to wall sunshine.

Had a drop of (unforecasted) rain about 3 or 4 nights ago, but other than that it's been beautiful.

Even had to put my air conditioning on. :cry

Cheers

Adam
Hi Adam,

Kids are 5 and 12.

Do you have different things on everynight?
I'll have to re check your website. :tup

See you soon.

16 days and counting :sun2

Karen
We were in for the first time last Saturday (during the football). Had a lovely meal - chips were ace and a nice chat with the attentive waitress. Will definately return when back in Majorca. Worth the trip from Santa Ponsa.

Hope your summer is a good one!!
Adam , nigel and sandra from sunny weymouth, will pop in to see you , we are staying at the sol magaluf park for a week , from tues 20th may, sand says get the soberano out !!! .
Hi Wee

Glad you enjoyed your visit, although sorry I didn't get the chance to meet you. Thanks for the nice comments. The waitress will have been Maria, who works part-time for us on Saturdays, or possibly Steff (the missus!), but we do try and make people feel welcome.

Nigel

Only a couple of weeks ago we had a big group in from Weymouth (I think the organiser was called Rosie) and they left a nice message on our Guestbook saying their visit to us was the highlight of their holiday. Please make yourself known - I'm the one who swans about the bar with a piece of paper in his hand, pretending to be important whilst all the other people do the work. ;)

Kazzzza

Sorry I didn't reply earlier. Kids are welcome (although you need to exercise a little parental control - some of the shows can contain a little "industrial" language)

Our entertainment programme is as follows:

Monday Night - 8pm Deal or no Deal - 10.00pm Paul Proto's Hypnotist Show

Tuesday Night - 8pm Deal or no Deal - 10.00pm - Jonno Jack - Kiwi Singer Songwriter (Brilliant)

Wednesday Night - 8pm Deal or no Deal - 10.00pm - Dolly Sisters Drag Show + Gay Karaoke / Disco

Thursday Night - 8pm Deal or no Deal - 10.00pm Paul Proto's Hypnotist Show

Friday Night - 8pm Deal or no Deal - 10.00pm - Party Night Karaoke / Disco

Saturday Night - 8pm Deal or no Deal - 10.00pm - Party Night Karaoke / Disco

Sunday Night - 8pm Deal or no Deal - 10.00pm - Party Night Karaoke / Disco

Every Night we have Karaoke after the shows, until about 3am.

We've scrapped Live Entertainment at Weekends, because we've just been so busy with Stag and Hen Parties so we just have Party Nights over the weekend, and we've had some really nice nights. Families normally feel very comfortable in our Bar, and although we do get the groups coming in, we have never had any trouble, because they are on their way out, and are normally reasonably sober, and very often in fancy dress, so the families find it very entertaining. :yikes

Sorry if I seem to be plugging the Bar, but I'm just answering the question.

Cheers

Adam
Sounds like a really great place to have a drink in fairness goodfellow. Me and the missus are out in majorca for 14 days starting on june 19th. We are actually staying in santa ponsa, but are hoping to pop over to magaluf/palma nova for at least a few nights.

Do you have any idea how long it would take in a taxi? and any approximate cost?

cheers

neil
swanseajack
Thanks Adam,

I'd be interested to see the Deal or no Deal.

Hope the sun is shining.

Karen :cheers
Hello Adam, I see that on Wednesday you have Gay Karaoke, what is that all about? do you have to be gay to sing or is the K J gay?
Dave.

Waiting till October to sing :)
Hi Swansea Jack

It's only a few Kilometres from SP to Magalluf, maybe 10 euros maximum, although you could come by Bus, if you're not proud! There will be lots going on in Santa Ponca in June, but if you
do pop over it would be nice to meet you.

Hi Kazzzza

Deal or No Deal comes in fits and starts! Sometimes we get loads of people wanting to play, but then on other nights (like tonight) there's not enough for a game. It is good fun, although I don't have Noel Edmund's choice of shirts!

Real Holidaymaker

It would probably be better to describe it as a Gay Friendly Night. I have a guest presenter (Peter) who is Gay, and it follows the Drag Show, which is itself very Camp. Obviously you don't have to be Gay, but there is nowhere in Magalluf that caters in anyway for Gay holidaymakers, and this is our contribution.

It's a fun night, for all persuasions. :really

We've just had our busiest week of the year, followed by (tonight) our quietest night for weeks - welcome to another day in Paradise!
Hello Adam, how is the new P R ban going now that it has had a few week of the new season to run, is it holding or are the pubs out of the way still putting them out to get the punter in?

Dave.
I think it's fair to say it's holding remarkably well, although there have been one or two who have tried, the vast majority have abided by the ban, maybe encouraged by the threat of a 6,000 euro fine!

Frankly we have suffered a little, particularly late at night, when we only have a few in the bar, a PR would bring in couples here and there, and it would make our nights last a little longer, but we're only marginally down, and of course I'm paying less out in wages and tax, so we're not far away from last year's figures when it all balances out.

However there are some bars which are really struggling, particularly up the strip, and there are a mighty number of unemployed workers (mainly boys) who are running out of money, and starting to head home.

It is certainly more pleasant for people to walk about the streets, with being constantly "touted" so like in most things, there will be winners and losers!
Hello Adam,
thanks for your reply glad to see it is holding out, its just a pity other resorts don't bring it in as it can get up your nose a bit what with bar and restaurant owners trying to drag you in and then there is the time share one giving out abouse if you say no thanks.
Its enough to make you want to stay at home and go to Skeggy, O no what did I just just put I think I would sooner have the abouse than the cold and rain :tup

Dave.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.