Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Very helpful - thank you.

Pippa
Does anyone know how the ticketing system actually works when boarding the ferry on a car. For the last two occassions they have read my car ticket by placing it in a Bar Code machine. However they did not do this with the individual tickets that are issued to each person inside the car.
Does this mean that I can use these tickets again?
5L for a vehilce under 5m
When you purchase the tickets in Cirkewwa, you tell the cashier that you would like to purchase a ticket for a passenger vehicle. You also tell the cashier how many passengers there are in the vehicle. The cashier issues tickets and when you swipe the car-driver ticket in the machine you enter the terminal parking awaiting to board the boat.

Another official comes and checks the tickets before you board the boat.
He only needs to check one ticket because he would have all the information - that type of ticket & number of passengers in the vehicle.
He visibly checks how many passengers there are in the vehicle.

I hope that answers your query.
Thanks Merill yes it does answer my question. I will now throw away the passenger tickets, I was hoping to cheat the system and re-use them :twisted:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.