Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Gozo transport
4 Posts
There is a bus stop in Xlendi right by the C7 restaurant and the ice cream parlour there. If my memory serves me correctly, the buses ran at about 10 to and 20 past the hour but this is Gozo time and they turn up when ever they want. There is a tourist info place where you can actually go and book taxi's and obtain a more accurate timetable, but even then, the buses still come and go as they please. It is really cheap on the buses but the heat is stifling.

You really will need the use of transport to get around as Xlendi is away from anywhere else and you will want to see Victoria etc. There is so much going on in August..and the feasts are just wonderful...

I really hope you enjoy it. We were in Xlendi last August and it was great.
Thanks for your help Justval. Looking forward to having a better look round Victoria - when we went to Gozo on the day trip we felt a bit rushed as we had to get back to the minibus so didn't see that much. Can't wait to get back to the Maltese islands...August can't come quick enough!
Victoria is great, they use the whole of August to prepare for the feasts and there is a massive firework display on "The Rampa" and the whole of The Citadel is lit up. There is massive parade of statues through the streets..it is just a wonderful time. be warned though, everything shuts down, even in Victoria at about 1pm for a siesta..just like the spanish! and re-opens again at about 4. On a sunday, everything is still shut apart form the odd tourist bar.

I am planning a trip to Gozo in August, just for a week so I can catch a couple of feasts and get some good diving in. Will be staying in Xlendi or in Marselforn.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.