Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Going in 4 weeks time - I'll put a review together when I get back! :tup
Hi Brewerdave

Thanks - look forward to the review - hope you have a fab time.

Eirian
Flying to DR in 2 weeks time to stay at the GBP,Punta Cana - more than a bit concerned about a rash of negative reviews recently on Trip Advisor, seemingly due to overbooking issues - several people have reported being bumped.
We are going with Eclipse(First Choice internet arm) - anyone been to this hotel recently from the UK?? If so, any feedback on the current situation gratefully received. :(
Anyone recently returned - First Choice or Eclipse clients??? :que
Hi, we just returned from Bahia Principe Punta Cana last Thursday and we had great time. There is everything you are asking for - nice beach, swim up bar etc etc.
We tried 3 ala cartes: Japanese - which was fun, Sea food - very good buffet for starters and main meal tasty, but this restaurant was very cold, the airconditioning had us freezing. Our favourite was the Gourmet restaurant! 3 course meal starting with soup or starter. We had the soup and it was VERY good. The whole evening was great.
Hi Zabka

Please can you copy your review HERE?

Thanks!

Pippy :)
Hi,
I returned from this hotel just before Christmas.
Overall the hotel, grounds, beach, pools, food etc are great. Some of the things we didnt like were the hugh size of the place, just too big for us, the lack of personal service from many staff - although they are all polite, towels for both beach/pool and rooms were tatty and old. The plus points for us were the beach, its lovely and always found a lounger even mid morning, the food in both the buffet and ala carts was delicious! You have to try the Japanese one! Try some trips, we really enjoyed the safari trip and found the people outside of the hotels much more friendly. Overall it is a great hotel and i would recommend it although i would not return purely due to the size and thats just a personal choice thing so if you dont mind the size im sure you will have a fab time!!
Enjoy!
Katie.
Got back a couple of weeks ago from GBP Punta Cana - have just added a review :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.