Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
:wave Hi Kim/Nick
We always go to Maspalomas, a nice quiet resort. We are going Nov 12 (have been there about 13-14 times over the last 8 years) and taking our grandchildren with us, one aged 5 and one aged 2, we are staying in THE SANDY GOLF a very nice complex which is ideal if you have small children (we took our grand daughter on her 1st and 2nd birthday), they are one storey bungalows with a large terrace which has table chairs and loungers, and also a small garden as well. There is a small kids pool and everything is is one level no steps etc. There is also a bar and restuarant.
It had a refurb last year, the bungalow has one bedroom kichen/livingroom and bathroom, there are ceiling fans in the bedroom and living room which we found a bonus as they never had them before. The entertainment is in their sister complex across the road at THE GREEN GOLF, also there is a supermarket there as well. You are only a 10 min walk from the FARO 2 cc with restuarants bars shops etc. Maspalomas beach is about a 25 min walk or a 3euro taxi ride, but there is a courtesy bus from outside which takes you there. There is a very nice boulavard with loads of shops bars etc, and also the Varadero cc. It is fairly cheap to eat out.
Take a look at their web site http://www.cordialcanarias.com also Thomson do it and they have some good pics of it on their site and Direct holidays do as well, we booked with them last year and they were the cheapest at that time.
Many thanks for your reply. I will have a look at those links.
I would agree that Maspalomas sounds like it fits the bill as it has a huge beach/dunes with a good selection of shops and restaurants and some great accomodation.

We stayed at the Lopesan Gran Hotel Costa Meloneras and thought it was superb, our favourite hotel in all the Canaries in fact. The hotel's position is unbeatable, right on the seafront prom by the lighthouse, with shops and restaurants just a few steps away. I've recommended it to a few people now and (thankfully !!) they've all loved it.
Thanks for that. I will certainly have a look but not sure if its out of our price range??
Regarding budget, whatever accommodation you decide to go for, I would always recommend going DIY to the Canaries.

I haven't booked a package for 7 or 8 years, and although I occasionally look at the keener priced operators like Eclipse or Portland for comparison, I can always do it way cheaper myself.

It also gives you the added flexibility of more choice of departure days and durations.
I didn't really think of DIY to be honest. I booked with On the Beach travel when we went to Majorca recently and they were pretty reasonable. I'll have a look at doing that. I may, if you don't mind, give you a shout if I get stuck for some advice.

Thanks again
Kim
Try http://www.freedomdirect.co.uk we booked with them for 12 Nov this year for £1200 for 6 of us, another one is http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk they do flights and accom seperate or both, used them 2 years ago. Anything you want to know just ask, have been going to GC for the last 8-9 years sometimes 4 times a year.
Thanks. I will have a look at those.

Kim
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.