Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Hi Dee 123
Never been to the Marina Suites but try this link
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/
Thanks Timus useful link.
I was booked into the Marina Suites for July 06 with my family which included 15yr old son and 14yr old neice however changed to a hotel which included day and night time entertainment. Marina suites look and sound fab and am sure when its just me and my husband we will go to them, however they dont provide any entertainment.

I suppose it depends what you're looking for during the day but we returned from lovely apartments in Tenerife which were'nt as up market looking as Marina Suites and found them to be quite strict, the young ones were'nt allowed music at the pool or lilos, for example.
Hi dee
Have you considered the Maspalomas area of Gran Canaria, it might be a good compromise, it seemed a more relaxed place to stay but was within easy travelling distance of PdI if your girls wanted something a bit more lively. Didn't go to it but there was a waterpark pretty close as well.

We stayed up in sonnenland but I expect that would be too quiet for you (my children were younger than yours) and we got cabs back and forth, plus had a car for a few days. But there was plenty of apartment complexes down near the beach area, also there is the Faro 2 center that has many restaurants bars and shops, and the lighthouse area with beachside restaurants and upmarket boutiques. :gluck
Hi,
we take our teenagers now (16 and 17) to Puerto Rico every year, we stay in apartments up the top part of Puerto Rico beside the Europa Centre (small commercial centre). The kids love it and it feels safe to let let them wander around on a night in the CC as you're never far away. I wouldn't let them go to the main commercial centre alone as it is far more busy and boisterous!
We've stayed at EDEN, BABALU and BLUE STAR apartments, all have been basic but clean and adequate.
Hope this helps a little :)
in maspalomas there is a hotel called koala gardens it is brilliant.if you have a fear of cockroaches then dont be afraid in koala gardens the is completley 0.10/10 for cleaning and the cleaners are friendly hope this was useful.and as an arcade round the corner and much much morexxxxlove callyx-x-x-x-x-xxx-x-xxx-x-xxx-x-
Thanks very much for all the ideas. We've booked the Altamar Apartments in Puerto Rico. :D looking forward to the hols now Thanks again :fly
The ALTAMAR is just a couple of minutes walk from EUROPA CENTRE - you'll all have a great time.
When are you going?
We're going to RIOSOL on 26th June for two weeks, flying from Newcastle. :D
If anyone has stayed at the Altamar Apartments please post a review HERE and the Riosol HERE

luci :wave
Hi santeg

We are going first two weeks in July, flying from Glasgow, good to hear that we are close to EUROPA CENTRE.

Maybe see you there

Thanks again :D
Hi, some photo's here - http://bryanandchris.fotopic.net/c28698.html of the ALTAMAR.

*Edit to activate link - Glynis*
hi dee im going to porto for 2 weeks 1st 2 weeks in july staying at colina mar.
I stayed in the colina mar. nice hotel but the lifts kept breaking down when we there. Taxis are so cheap so the fact you are top of the hill isn't really a problem
Cheers for that. Anyone else going to colina mar 1 st july?
We have reviews of the Colina Mar HERE

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.