Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
hi liz :) see my comments onyour other forum....regards johndoe :D
Thanks Johndoe again but could you help me with information on the balconys aboard princess ships? I have been reading reviews on the grand princess and some of them mention that the balconys are overlooked from decks above as well as having perspex sides. I dont mind the sides but wouldnt want people leaning over whilst maybe having a meal on balcony or sunbathing etc. Does this happen on any cruise ships?
Hi There,

Dolphin deck balconys are partly over looked, other decks are not,

glass panels are solid so can not be seen through but you can here what is going on.

yours Shogun
Thanks shogun which ships have dolphin decks?
Sorry Shogun just realised you obviously mean princess ships but did you mean the grand princess?
Im a bit put off people looking over but would hate to not have a view from room as in the office where i work all day there are no windows so i thought noooo wayyyy for my hols am i going in an inside cabin.I know i could just get a room with a window but may as well go the whole hog as they say!!
Almost all Princess ships if not all have Dolphin Decks eg D deck,

Grand Class, Star, Golden, Grand etc have this slight problem that folk above can see partly into your space,

However have been on Dolphin deck while the fact the folk can look in if they realy want to you do get a bigger space for your money so I was quite happy with it, we ate breakfeast and some evening meals out there .

Did get a little up set with folk who through rubbish from higher up that would blow back into our area but this could happen to any cabin.

yours

Shogun
How would you rate princess shogun?
Is it a good cruise liner for entertainment, food etc?
I really like the look of the cabins, is there anywhere you think would be a good request at time of booking if i go ahead on saturday? By that i mean deck choice. Have you ever been on a thompson cruise and if so which do you think is best? Quiestions ! Quiestions! but thanks anyway for your good advice.
Hi there,

Any of the Princess grand class ships eg 110,000 tons size are a holiday in themselves. Find all 14 bars and you get a goody bag of stuff to take home.

Thomson are not anywhere close to the standards of these ships.

If you have bad weather or problems, no problem plenty of space and things to do, was on one thomson ship when she was the Sun bird on a wet day at sea nothing to do .

As to food plenty of it and choice. Pay the extra little bit a go to the fancy restraunts on board atleast once for world class food.

Watch however for the expensive items like the lotus spa on board, only go when there are offers on and do not buy anything when you are there, its marked up like 100%.

Look at all the drink packages on board again do not buy two, buy one and share the card. There is no limit to how often you can go to the bar.

Look at all the paper work you find in your cabin, normal coffee is free but anything fancy costs, but you can buy a coffee card that lets safe money.

Take off the standard room tariff and tip any one you want yourself can safe you a lot.

If you are picking tours, do not pick ones you can do yourself, like shopping etc. Pick ones that are hard to organise or take you long distance from the ship that way if things go wrong the ship will wait for you.

Find folk on the ship that have been to the ports of call you are going to and take there advise, some ports taxi drivers will try and rip you off, on others they are the best folk you could every want to meet.

If you are booking two weeks and the ship is full ask if there are empty cabins, then cabin hop you can then get posh cabins cheaply.

When picking your cabin, avoid the ones next to doors, laundry, supply cupboards etc.

Sea motion or engine noise is not a problem on this ships so you can have cheaper cabins near the ends without any problems just remember the distance you need to walk.

Look at the pics and see which cabin size meets your needs best and go for it, once had a cabin with two tvs it was that big.

As to deck avoid any cabin under basket ball court, next to show lounges etc.

Princess is not the best cruise line, but I think pick a good deal on price you will not find better value for money anywhere.

Was looking to go on the Star Princess this year and with all the offers got a price of £35 per day.

When you are booking play hard to get walk away a few times, and make sure you get every extra you can thrown in, free airport parking, free bottle in your cabin, on board credit to your account, just keep asking and when they say no tell them the shop next door said yes.

I was once told that Thomson was like staying in a Travel Inn while Princess was like staying in a Marriott Hotel I would agree with this.

yours Shogun
Thanks so much shogun, thats excellant advice and i will definately be booking princess if the price is within budget.
Looks like I am going on the Grand in July anyone else going

yours Shogun
Grand Princess is on TV this week in the BBC 2 Apprentice programme.

yours Shogun
Thanks for that. I wondered which ship it was. I am an AVID fan of the Apprentice, and NOTHING happens in this house whilst it is on. Just LOVE Sir Alan Sugar :oops: . Anyway back to topic, I saw the preview of them on a cruise ship.

Mega excited now and roll on Wednesday!!
Hi There,

Love the way Sir allan cuts through all off the **** **** and nails the little up starts.

Any way I am off to the Med on this ship doing same ports in 8 weeks.

yours Shogun
Has anyone sailed on this ship or have any information about it.
Sorry. I didn't see that there was a thread on this already, oops!
No problem Maureen. :wink: I merged your post with an existing topic. I hope you found some information in the earlier posts.

luci :wave
Well I'm all packed. :sun Off tomorrow to Southampton and sailing on Saturday. :sun2 Decided to go down a day early as it is a long drive and we always seem to be last on the ship. Will be good to get there early and hopefully on board for lunch. Didn't manage to get any of the latest price reduction applied to our booking but that's life. I am obviously not persuasive enough. Got the scales from Aldi so will weigh case in morning so as not to crush my nice dress overnight. Hubby's case is underweight so he will have to take some of my shoes in his if there is a problem. :rofl Will toast you all on Monday as we may have a bottle of champers for our wedding anniversary. :cheers
Good to hear you intend enjoying yourselves! You can keep that good deal for the next one.
Hope you have a brilliant time maureen and look forward to your review on your return.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.