Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
great deal????
25 Posts
My friend stayed there a few years ago. He used to call it Village people hotel ! Mind you he is gay.
Its a bit of a walk into Calangute but they do free buses to Calangute and back. His room was basic and they wanted to charge him extra for a fridge.
Your not going to be in the hotel much anyway so if you got a good deal take it as hotel is ok.
If you can drive a scooter hire one of them as taxis will cost every time you want to go out.
I stayed there about 5-6 yrs back. It was ok just a bit far out. If you dont like it you could always move hotels.... Depends how much you're saving on the "good deal"
489 for 3 weeks in Nov or 549 in March. Havent got enough holidays for this year but my wife hasn't got enough to go in March either so we are still trying to get round it
Hull that is a super deal if I were you I would go for it at the end of the day your out all day and out most nights so all you need is a nice hot shower and a bed .......we paid £660 for 3 weeks in Nov so your deal is deffo a good one ....be mad to miss it ..
Colleen

Seeing if my wife can take a couple of days unpaid leave then we can go. Its for March 12th if we go
Well if she gets the time off we will see you there we go on the 14th of march so we will see you somewhere :cheers :cheers I feel a wee drink coming on :rofl
Irishcolleen, we go on the 13th, if you turn up on the 14th you will have missed the flight :rofl
Polly it looks to me that I/C does'nt want to go on the 13th so i'll help you out and go in her place....After all it's all paid for .... :rofl :tongue
Sleeps know what it is I am funny about going on the 13th :rofl if I keep telling myself im going on the 14th it does not seem as bad ....... :rofl all joke on the side as long as I get to Goa dont care what day or date we go on ..... :cheers
hey

we stayed at the village royal in january this year.....it is about a 10 minute walk to town....there is a free bus to the beach and back 4times a day.....there are loads of taxis outside costing bout 75 into calangute.

hotel is basic but ok...pool is nice....waiters dont really bother with ya...if u want somethin you have to go lookin for one but i didnt mind that.

i would go back there again but it depends on what you like yourself.....they dont really offer entertainment but the food is nice

angie xx
We stayed there in March last for 4 weeks had a really cheap deal hotel was fine the norm for Goa must say the food at the hotel was excellant probably one of the best I have ever come across

The only problem was because it was so cheap I think the mental health services over here decided to pay for and let loose most of their inmates it could be quite amusing some days and other days made you be embarrassed to be English, how they even managed to find their way from England amazed me
oh forgot yes they do charge for the fridge cheaper to buy one from an electrical supplier then sell it back to them
hey pink

i know what you mean about the mental cases...lol......there were quite a few when we were there......maybe they couldnt find their way home to england and were still there in march....lol

if you go with thomas cook by the way your fridge is included in your room xxx
It must be THE hotel for them then,I have never come across so many strange people in one place before were you there when there was a lady who used to buy the dogs outside the hotel a 3 course meal every night poor things bet they must have missed her when she left but each to their own but it got stranger she then started to take the toast in the mornings to feed the ants in her room that's when I started to have doubts and that is just one example there was plenty more just like her
i went with wife,and found it very,very basic,although i could have put up with that,what i couldnt put up with was kids/ running round about 3am slamming doors etc...i changed hotel next day,lol!!!! :) however,there was a good pool,the food in the hotel was quite good,the beach was further away than the travel agent told us,but hey,the taxis were cheap anyway,overall ,id say if you feel you have got a good quote.and can put up with the basics,then im sure you will enjoy it. :)
In reply to squigs there was one little man who every morning had to be carried back by the security guards steaming drunk ( I know some of us like a drink especially on holiday myself included and embarrass ourselves singing on kareoke etc) but this was like 11.30 in the morning but he was only out from 9 am I think the public bar was his local they would carry him in, one arm under each armpit with his little legs swinging where they would put him to bed
He would arise later and present himself at the bar and proceed to dance with the bar stools all evening bare chested yeuck
Then there was the lady she had a partner seemed nice enough not the full ticket but chatty she was fine till about a week into her holiday don't know what happened somebody said she was on drugs but imho didn't look that sort I would say more so nobody to give her medication
She took to running up and down the hotel shouting and screaming then she ran across everybodys sun beds and straddled any man she could find saying your my daddy I love you its your birthday later on there was a power cut at the hotel for 4 to 5 hours the staff put candles in the stair wells so people could see to their rooms she decided to take all the candles and jump out on every body going up the stairs
Last but not least from the strangest of the strange a couple of men one large one small
everyday would sit in the restaurant books in hand reading intensely not one word spoken between them a bottle of mineral water to share ok relaxing holiday like to sit and do nothing but they were fully dressed and I mean fully.... long sleeved jumper ,shirt, jeans socks lace up shoes the works should have stayed at home with the central heating on probably been cheaper when I think back now it was highly amusing and as I said before each to their own I still love Goa and after all said and done re: the question it is not a bad hotel at the right price
We stayed there in 2007 so not so recent but the hotel was ok and food was excellent.

Like others have said though it was the other British guests that spoilt it for us. Most of them never left the hotel other than to go to the 'chippy', were foul mouthed and used racist language towards the staff - but more worryingly allowed their children to do the same. We were gobsmacked when we saw people ordering lager and bacardi breezers with their breakfast just because it was cheap!!

If you're using it just as a place to sleep and shower it's fine, but if you prefer to spend more time in the hotel, by the pool etc... I would avoid it.
Qatar are offering 3 weeks for £370.70 21/11-13/12 HEATHROW-DOHA-GOA same flight as i'm on really good price for any one who can take it..Southall travel...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.