Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Greek food
17 Posts
Melitzanes are aubergine or eggplant, so I would get that you had an aubergine puree! I'll see if I can find a recipe :D
recipe on following link

http://www.astray.com/recipes/?show=Melitzano%20salata

wizard
psone of my favorites too
when it comes to good greek food then Great mines work alike to tickle the tast buds
today i took a stiffado recipy to one of the staff at the local pub found her a cretain version she wanted
Oooooh - haven't made a stifado yet this year.....but tonight I'm doing Greek roast lamb with oven potatoes......
whate time for and where do i come.... your making me hungry
You started it!!

Still got a tiny, tiny sip of tsikoudia left as well - roll on September when I can restock!

Do we have a Greek receipe thread, Wizard??

Might be an idea - then we could post the recipes we've picked up on our travels rather than out of the recipe books....mackerel in tomato and thyme sauce for example
i give that a bit of thought..
Hi again

With your help I did found this receipe. I will try it soon.
Thank you once more.

Juhas

Melitzanosalata: Eggplant Salad Appetizer with Tomato

In Greek: μελιτζανοσαλάτα, pronounced meh-leed-zah-no-sah-LAH-tah

Copyright matirial deleted please post the link to the relevent page

wizard
Don't do what I did and put in too much garlic.....noone would come near me for days :shock:
Sue
Try checking out the following - it gives the full recipe HERE

Kath HT Admin
Hmm, whenever I go to Greece I always have to have mousaka my first night. I just love it. Roll on July the 22nd :lol:
Giouvetsi for me, followed by stifado (preferably goat) the second night.
I like the idea of the recipes now I'm feeling hungry. Have a look at:
http://www.symivisitor.com/greek-recipes.htm
Yes, I've tried a few and they work well.
there are lots of different recipes for melizanasalata but the best ones are the really smoky tasting ones. you do that by char-grilling the aubergines first. if you havent got a bbq, you can put them straight onto a gas ring of a stove, turning them quickly, just until the skins blacken a little. then put into a plastic bag for a couple of mins and the skins will just peel off.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.