Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Grenada
10 Posts
I've just searched the forum for Grenada topics and you're right, there's very little on the subject.

Hopefully someone will be able to help! If you'd like any particular hotels added to the reviews just let me know here ;)

Pippy :)
Thanks Pippy I've found out that only 3 airlines go from UK. BA, Virgin and XL and XL are the only ones that go direct. This is for 2009 so got loads of time to plan. Saw a property programme on Sky the other night and it looks lovely there.

BB :)
I spent 4 weeks in Carriacou last year a small island off the coast ideal for a few days or a day visit. We flew with XL it was supposed to be direct but stopped in St Luica I expect it depends on how many seats are sold. You could try grenadtravelforum on google for some advice which I found very usefully and I did use another site but I am not allowed to post it on here.
Thanks fivearches found a good forum for grenada and have got some useful info. :tup
Caribbeanonline is also a good forum.
We stopped there for 1 day on a cruise. Its deffinalty on my list to return its a lovely island
I know this is not helping answer the original question, but I would like to add another question to the subject.
A colleague was saying that she loved Grenada (the spice island). I said I had been there on a Caribbean Cruise. She said that it was in the Indian Ocean and so we had a little debate.
Can anyone tell me if there is also a Grenada in the Indian Ocean as well as the one I have visited?
Thanks
Lorraine
BB

I glad that helped you can also try grenadavisitorforum.com as Big Jim is only too pleased to give assistance and help to any queries. We found it very easy to go down the independent route and as the island is nearly crime free we had no worries over that.
Just came back (May 15th) with Virgin Holidays stayed at The Coyaba Beach. I can not recommend it high enough it was VERY good, in fact so good we have already booked to go again next year. Grenada was a great place to go everybody was so friendly and I never felt in the least bit uneasy. The Hotel its sefl with Virgin is all inclusive good food, no problems at all with drinks, the guest all were good (nobody getting tispy). Its right on a fantastic beach (Grand Anse) and the traders on the beach where we spend most of the time were no too pushy and as long as you just passed a bit of time with you when on their way with a smile. The only down side with Virgin is you stop at Tobago both outbound and inbound so it puts an extra hour on the flights,but that is also a bonus when you do land as its not a full 747 hitting imigration.
Can anyone tell me if there is also a Grenada in the Indian Ocean as well as the one I have visited?

As far as I know there isn't an island called Grenada in the Indian Ocean. Zanzibar, which is the the Indian Ocean, is also nicknamed the Spice Island because they also grow a lot of nutmeg and cinnamon there too! 'Grenada' and 'Zanzibar' don't sound that similar to my ear but you never know. It's perfectly possible that you've both visited 'the' Spice Island but I suspect that your friend is a little confused about the 'proper' name of the one she visited if it was in the Indian Ocean ;)

SM
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.