Costa Blanca Video Library

Costa Blanca - Videos of resorts and hotels filmed by holidaytruths members. [b]Please note: All these hotel and resort videos are made by members and are not commercial videos.[/b]
That was great Sanji. It is several years since we went to Guadalest and your video reminded me what a lovely place it is. We did a video then - I must look it out again.
You have certainly been busy since your return from Benidorm and I havent had time to look at the Thrre Kings Parade yet.
Regards Sue
Guadalest really is a beautiful place and well worth a visit. It holds some very special memories for me, so much so that I can't bring myself to look at the video right now, but I will soon. :lol:
David :wave
Guadalest is beautiful and we couldn't have chosen a better day to go there for filming (weather wise)....I hope your memories are nice ones David. :kiss

We went for a coffee into a café in the courtyard and hung on the walls were some framed pictures of Guadalest in what must have been a very severe winter.
Can you image all the area being covered in snow? It must be a rare occurrence and someone had photographed the mountain range and the village.......it just looked like a proper "winter wonderland" that belonged on the front of a Christmas card....so far removed from the images of green pine trees and the sun shining.

I think the village has about 200 inhabitants and there's no school in the village, the kids are "bussed" in & out daily to a nearby village.
Today the village is centred around tourism and whilst there are a few shops selling what I call "tacky" souvenirs, there are little museums depicting how the villages lived years ago and Spanish goods on sale.

The place has a lot of history from the time of the moors, the great earthwake that devastated the region in 1644 which demolished the house and the buttress of the castle ...the house was rebuilt by the Orduña family, descendants of Basque origins, only to be burnt down and plundered during the war of succession in 1708....it goes on, so I'll no bore you.

A quaint place and you'll "take out" of a visit to Quadalest, what you are prepared to look for. :wink:

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Can you image all the area being covered in snow? It must be a rare occurrence and someone had photographed the mountain range and the village.......it just looked like a proper "winter wonderland" that belonged on the front of a Christmas card....so far removed from the images of green pine trees and the sun shining.

That's what fascinates me with the Comunitat Valenciana webcams. It was either last winter or the winter before, I looked at the Benidorm webcams one morning and saw the bustling seafront, folk strolling on the promenade and even sitting on the beach. I then looked at webcams in places such as Guadalest, Alcoy and Bocairent, and they showed pedestrians and motorists struggling in snow.

David :wave
The first time I went to Guadalest many years ago it was the end of February and warm and sunny in Benidorm.When we got up to Guadalest I was surprised to see snow on the nearby mountains.I must look my old photos out as it certainly brings back happy memories for me too.
We went up there with body warmers on, and an extra jumper and rain-macs in a bag.
We didn't need the jumpers or the rain-macs, but if we had gone a couple of days later, then we would have.
It was a nice day"¦.I suppose like the equivalent of a really good spring day in the UK, but you could actually feel some heat from the sun.

I appreciate that when the snow comes, you could be cut-off for days on end.

Hmmm, that sounds appealing to me. :rofl

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
wow you looks amazing differant to the day we went a week after was raining
sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.