Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
I always take a couple of books with me- there is always info on one that is not on another.If you were only getting one then I would say Lonely planet. Where abouts are you thinking of going? :)
We quite like the Dorland kindersley guides as well...lots of easily digestible snippets of information and lots of pictures to get you motivated to visit certain areas.
never looked at those Sunbear :) Thanks for the recommendation
I've got loads of guides over the years including Lonely Planet and Rough Guide which are good if you are going further afield but they rarely give much coverage to places most tourists visit..resorts. Quite like the Footprint guides as well. When in Thailand we always try to hunt out the little Thaiways guide which are free and cover more touristy things and any other free maps, and booklets that are going.
I have just about every guidebook ever printed on Thailand, I love the Dorling Kindersley ones for the beautiful photographs , but I don't think they are the best for practical information, I like Lonely Planet and Rough Guides but if I had to choose just one guidebook for a certain area my first choice is always the Footprint Guides.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.