UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Hi All
I have just returned from 2 weeks at Hafan Y Mor.

My holiday was superb, excellent accomodation from a silver spec 3 bedroom caravan witrh 2 showers. The entertainment from the funstars was superb, every morning there was a team of grounds people cleaning up the place and there was a choice of bars for families. I have 3 under 5's so my wife and I spent the majority of the time in the "Bonga Wonga" bar but it was clean and free of smoking and geared really well for children. There was also a great range of cabaret that finished at about 9.15pm.

During the day there was a full spec of entertainment from the Tiger club and the swimming pool is A1 and has obviously had a fortune thrown at it, it is also cobvered by at least 10 lifeguards and is included in your holiday price.

The bar prices were a bit much but you can enjoy 2 or 3 drinks there and then open the wine when the children go to bed.

Overall 700 quid for a great two weeks plus aboput a grand spending money and ferrys ( I live in Northern Ireland).

I would recomend to any young family.

Simon Barnes :)
Glad to read some good reviews here. I already booked a holiday to hafan y mor for next year and got nervous after reading some bad report : http://www.redoak.co.uk/hphaven.html
Stayed there in 1999, when Bryn Fon(Minor Welsh celebrity) was part of the entertainment. Also found the food and drink prices a bit steep

Nearly £3.00 for a pint even back then.
hehe good old Bryn Fon.....

let me know, can you still go for the day? as I used to go when I was younger when it was Butlins......no point me staying there as its 20 mins from my house!! :lol:
Lookint to stay at this park in October--anyone got any info on facilities, location, things to do etc.

Thanks
Hi shakermaker .... we already had a topic running on Hafan Y Mor which I have now merged your enquiry with, so you may hopefully find some useful info in earlier posts from members who have already been there.

David :wave
Staying at this site for half term and as we are there for the next round of carling cup just wondered if sky sports was available on site or is there anywhere nearby that shows it.

Many thanks

Mandy :)
We went last year for a week and it was that bad that we came home after 2 days..........to be fair to haven after i emailed them and told them how bad it was they gave us a refund for 5 days.
Wow - has it really gone that bad?

Haven't been there since it turned into Haven - as I said in an earlier post, we used to go for the day in the summer holidays when it was Butlins and I loved it there, especially the outdoor pool and slides, and cable cars... what a shame :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.