Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
:bawl Graham
unhappy that you're going to Greece before me this year!! Halkidiki is quite northern so it might be a bit early, but having said that the weather is so unpredictable. Can I suggest you log onto any greek weather website, it will display english language, and look at the long range forecast. I did that last year when I went to Kalambaka for Easter - we drove out to the coast on Easter Sunday and it was hot enought to swim.
On another note how do you intend to get there at that time of year? I have heard that Easy Jet are going to fly to Halkidiki this year but only from Gatwick, so I have been told.
Good luck whatever you do.
Hi,
I live in Halkidiki and February can be a bit of mixed bag! It can be warm towards the end of the month but nothing will be open, most beach bars and hotels etc open the first week of May.
I have a new site which I'm just in the process of finishing and should be fully online next week, its a complete travel guide to Halkidiki and it also has quite an extensive guide to the weather.
You're quite welcome to join the forum where I'll be adding up to date forecast thoughout the summer season.
Like I say, it's not fully operational yet but the forum and flights pages work for now....keep checking back as it's almost finished.

If you need to know any more about Halkidiki I'd be happy to try and help.
ooops, seems I can't let you know the site yet as I've not posted on here enough yet. Sorry...rules are rules I guess!
Wait until May at least its lovely in May and June that is when we normally go.
February will be too cold! Either rain or even snow .
See I told you it has been snowing in Halkidiki this week, take a look at the pictures on Halkidiki.com from one of the locals. ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.