Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
if you are having same problem check here for the small wheeled bag @£35.00 perfect size :tup

http://www.flylite.uk.com/Lightweight-Luggage-Solutions.aspx
I am flying to Tunisia with Thomas Cook on Sunday and the bag I will be using measures 47x28x26.
I travelled with TC 3 times last year and the bag I used was slightly bigger.
I am on a Thomson package but have been put on the Thomas Cook flight so if they mention the dimensions I will just say they are Thomson,s measurements. :rofl
I think as long as your bag is 5kgs and doesnt look too big they will be fine.
I know that someone will get on with an enormous bag and stuff it in the overhead lockers,squashing mine. :rofl :rofl
brilliant a living guinea pig :tup i dont fly till the 30th March so if your back by then drop me a line or two and let me know how you get on

i have never had a problem either and tend to agree with you its just a rumour i hope since the fuel surcharges from march the 1st there clamping down so fingers crossed :que
I am not back until April 3rd but if you look on Trip Advisor there are some reports from people there at the moment and everything seems calm and they are welcoming the tourists back. :tup
yeah have read the reports from the first in this year i meant give me the heads upon the luggage :whoops
Thank goodness for BA - 23kg hold baggage and no problem with hand luggage as long as you can lift it into the locker unaided (I've never put it to the test as little old ladies invariably get help.) :wink: You can also carry a handbag or laptop. I'm off to the Royal Salem on Friday and really looking forward to it. Have a safe flight Neil and a good holiday.
well good job i travel light is all i can say :( enjoy your trip also Aslemma and if you call into the Marhaba ask them to answer my emails lol :cheers
I've found most Tunisian hotels are notoriously bad at replying to e-mails. :roll: If it's urgent why not give them a phone call on 00216 73 242170 using one of the access numbers listed in this link:

http://www.loiol.co.uk/cheapphonecalls/Country/Landline/United%20Kingdom/Tunisia/find.do
it was a very simple request
Ù!رحبا Ù!نإنكلترا أÙ†نيقد حجزت حزÙ!Ø© A1 للاحتفال بيبيثدايالشركاء ال 50ØŒ نحنستصل إلى 30 آذار/Ù!ارس 2011 كانيأÙ!Ù„ Ù!نالÙ!Ù!كنترتيب بعض الثÙ!ار أÙˆالزهور أÙˆهدية ترحيب Ù!ناسبة للغرفة لعندÙ!ا نصل إلى. وهذا سيكونÙ!نالÙ!Ù!كنالرجاء؟ وتعتبر Ù!يتشل نيل

:whoops :offtop
Your Arabic is excellent. I do hope your other half has a lovely birthday and you get the fruit and flowers, or at least something to celebrate. :smile:
Oh dear Graham, you sussed me out I hoped you would think I was fluent. :rofl i can speak a little (shwire, shwire), but will never be able to get to grips with the written stuff! :yikes
Just had a result. Rang BA and said I was taking out some stuff for Croissant Rouge and they gave me a phone number to ring, where the very nice lady said if I sent her an e-mail they would allow me extra weight. I'm hoping to hear back from her with something in writing, I can't manage an extra suitcase on my own but a few extra kilos in my expanding suitcase would be a real blessing.
where the very nice lady said if I sent her an e-mail they would allow me extra weight

Excellent news. I will PM you my weight and then you only have to find a case big enough to fit me in :rofl
Dinna push your luck laddie. :rofl I'll have enough problems as it is, as my son is taking me to Gatwick tomorrow night and the baggage drop doesn't open until about 6 a.m. :roll:
Have a great time and look after yourself :kiss
PS I will show how to put pictures on here when you return ;)
PS I will show how to put pictures on here when you return

I've done it before Graham, Sanji very kindly talked me through it, but I've forgotten how and though she's explained again I still can't fathom it out. I'll get one of my sons to sort me out when I have time. There's actually one of me in my hospital bed in Sousse on Facebook, put on by a friend who I must remember to murder one day. :rofl
I wonder if Thomas Cook will allow extra baggage for Croissant Rouge. :que
I only have a 15kg allowance but would love to take extra supplies.
I will call into Thomson tomorrow to ask them as the holiday is with Thomson.
I can imagine the look on their faces when I ask. :yikes
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.