Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Sorry lou never heard of that before,we rented last year with no problems and are also renting an apartment for a month in the south in December,Does this apply to foreigners owning apartments and thats why they are not allowed to rent ther properties out. please keep us informed on what happens. :( Gel
will do thanks
They are sending me my deposit back so I am starting to look for somewhere else, just a bit conscious the same will happen again !
Lou why dont you look for an apartment owned by an Indian person surely there wont be a problem then, :) Gel
Yes thats what I was going to do - not really sure where to start though any idea ? or does anyone have any recomendations for me !!!
Foreigners are not allowed to be in businness in Goa especially Brits and renting out apartments is classed a businness.
the prices they are charging is like a years wages (indian) for a couple of weeks rental.
hardly surprising they are being hammered. :que
I prob should have thought along these lines before I booked - If anyone can recomend me anyone esle to contact for an apartment to rent in the candolim area for 3 weeks 26/12 I would be really grateful
Easy way around this problem, is not to rent of your friend, but to stay there free of charge and say you are family or friends and come to some arrangement regarding payments, same as a bar without a liquor license can get around the law by inviting people in for a party or family and friends and give the booze away, so to speak, stupid indian laws, need some stupid british response, just my opinion.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.