Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hi,
Not stayed there but there was a Malibu Studios with Twenty's (First Choice) in Faliraki. They were down a bit of a dirt track in an area with similar apartment blocks, not too far from the centre or beach. I'd double check before booking but I'm guessing google maps has the location wrong (not the first time) as Kalythies is an inland village and not really somewhere tourists would stay.

Definitely check before booking though. I had a a booking for Aphrodite in Lindos last year, according to the description, location, photos, etc it was Lindos but they had no map reference for it. Heard of somebody else having problems with this accom before I went so after several emails and calls to alpharooms it turned out that they had the wrong description and photos on their website and they'd actually booked us into Aphrodite Studios in Stegna... miles away!

Got it all sorted before we went but only because i'd heard what happened to this other group, we could just have easily turned up and had a nightmare start to the holiday!
Thanks buddy! I've done as much as I can.. and am still looking around. As 99% of website use google maps, if it's wrong there, it's wrong everywhere.

Have tried searching for phone numbers and emails for the hotel but been unable to get one. Looks like they only operate using travel agencies and hotel booking websites.

Will keep at it.

Cheers, K
Just spoke to Mr. Stamos, owner of the Stamos hotel. Got the number off a member of a facebook group for Stamos hotel. Perseverance pays ;) He says there's practically no room left at the hotel, but he will try and let me know in a couple of days. This place must be really good.. it is only JAN my gaawwwddd!!!

He says Hotel Malibu is as close to the beach etc from everything as Hotel Stamos. He did mention it is a ways down a street and not bang on the main road. Quite similar to what you've said.

Thanks once more :)
it's not hard to sell out the stamos mate,it's not that big at all!

The malibu is about 200 yards behind where i live,it's definitely in raki,not kalithies,none of the places you'll see are in kalithies as it's a few KM up in the hills, malibu itself is ok,half decent pool and only a 10 minute walk from bar street but it is what you'd call 'out of town'.

For club18-30 holidays i can't recommend hillside enough,easily THE place for this kind of hol in Faliraki to be honest,it's always been club's main property,it's a bit out of town but they have more or less everything happening there 24/7,a lot of the club18-30 parties and events etc take place there anyway and the owners are the same people that own TGI's,they invented the famous faliraki fishbowls that every other resort now has and also own club studios,which are above TGI's right at the end of bar street opposite maccy d's.
Just to confirm Google Maps are WRONG regarding Malibu. We live in Kalithies & there are NO hotels or package holiday apartments anywhere in the village.If we see tourists in the village we just know they are lost
Someone should tell the Malibu Studio people to write to google about this. They must be losing good revenue and possibly an increase in their room rates because of all the traffic that the incorrect maps drives away. I'll mention it when I go there.

Google Mapds Link: http://local.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=malibu+studio+faliraki+rhodes&sll=46.316584,-0.439453&sspn=22.191089,57.084961&ie=UTF8&hq=malibu+studio&hnear=Faliraki,+Kallithea,+Dodecanese+Islands,+Greece&ll=36.337132,28.174267&spn=0.012635,0.027874&z=16&iwloc=A
tpebop you say that when you see tourists in kalithies you know they're lost,what about the ones that are deliberately in the village looking around or have stopped for a drink or a nose round on the way through to petaloudes? you're not very helpful in my opinion,with your basic posts stating the obvious or your strange opinions on tourists,particularly as most tourists in faliraki are young people,which you're not.

greatlookinguy,it's not just the malibu mate,there's billions of incorrect pins in google maps,to correct them all would take an army years to do
sambacasual. Its a sad fact not many tourists stop to look around Kalithies. There are no attractions,ruined castles etc. Any tourists we have spoken to, are lost. They are looking for the Spa @ Kalathea which is on the coast. Kalithies village is some way inland as you know.
I dont think most visitors to Faliraki are young people. Not any more, since the growth of the A / I hotels.
plenty of tourists ive spoken to every year of the last 10 or so now have been to or are looking for a 'typical' greek village and head for kalithies,not everyone wants ruins,some just want a village shop,kafenion and a photo opportunity away from neon lights and african DVD salesmen. there seems to be a whole lot of things you're not aware of in that village of the damned,funny actually a lot of the said tourists complain there's too many elderly british ex-pats hanging around for it to be 'traditional'!
There are a few too many Ex pats in Faliraki area as well. LOL. Malibu would be the holiday from hell, with its 24 / 7 bar. You have only to read some of the reviews to confirm
it's club18-30 mate,a 24 hour bar is more or less one of the biggest requirements for young lads and lasses,which make up most of Faliraki's clientele in peak season,but then you'd know that already,what with you being so in touch with what's going on in the town and all that
:rofl
Yes & The Club Reps. TV programme showed their antics to the world.It is taking a long time for Faliraki to rebuild its reputation
you mean overturn the effect caused by SMG television's very clever editing and underhanded tactics of paying workers to act up for the cameras purely to raise their ratings.

Mate you're so out of touch you might aswell be on another planet so please,with respect,do your homework,Faliraki offers all different types of holiday to all manner of visitors,the main bulk being young party goers,the resort's prosperity in former years was built with the revenue brought in from club18-30 and their ilk and in time these companies will spearhead a revival,it's already happening and the people that matter are pushing it to continue,old retired ex-pats living out of touch up in the hills may seek to halt this but it's a futile crusade on their part thankfully. do you know what a 'fishbowl mansion' is

*** edidt to remove confrontational comments**** wizard
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.