Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
Go to the forum banner and click on blg...all should become clear :D
click on blg

That just doesn't make any sense, I'm afraid. :que
So, if something is related to an article published in a 'Blog' ( this particular blog is entitled 'London 2012 Olympics Funny Reviews' - no mention of holidays there as far as I can see) that clears it for inclusion/discussion in the General Enquiries topic, does it?
Next question: where are the rules relating to what topics are acceptable for a blog? Is this restricted to holiday/travel related subjects or not? :que
Sagres,

Ed is our resident Journalist and as Wizard has kindly pointed out, he normally lives on the blog but i let him loose in the forums this afternoon. I will make his role more clear for everyone and change his forum title/rank.

In case you are wondering - and I know you are :) Forum daily post count has actually increased in the last 4 weeks, with many more new members getting involved in the discussions etc.

The forum rules remain unchanged.

Cheers

Chris
I did wonder what Ed was all about. Thanks for letting us know, but I was surprised the threads where not merged into one.
Hi Tarry,

Despite his amazing jurnolistic skills... he is new to the whole forum thing! I'll let him out of his cupboard tomorrow and giving him a telling off!

He is asking for a reason though! ;)
Chris
Ah, so I guess we should stay tuned as they say?
We are planning a press release to the National Papers next week, get it out over Olmypic weekend. Get HT in the weekend papers... spread the love!
I did wonder if this was going to be the new chat part/thread of the site that had been mentioned when there was the changeover when I saw the Olympics thread. Cant really see any harm in it myself.

There has always been stuff about bikinis, Primark, weight loss etc which only have tenuous links to holidays in the General forum.
Will have to be nosey at the papers than if it does :)
The blog is very funny and actually I think we could easily have a temporary Olympic forum. It has a huge impact on the holiday industry. London will get thousands and thousands of tourists, and many of those will be from other parts of the UK. If it brings in new members we should go for it :D
By the way- I almost contacted a member of the team to say I thought someone was spamming to get enough posts to hit the pms :rofl Poor Ed! But his blogs are really good.
Edit to add- perhaps it should be London forum? I think the UK capital should have a forum on its own. Its the sort of thing that would interest folks from other countries.
I think it is excellent to have a bit more life on the forums... as along as it's sort of holiday/travel related then it's got to be good for the site. It gets really boring when you login and the only recent posts are the mods updating the date on the 'welcome to HT' posts in each forum :duh

We had the big discussion last year on why the site was so quiet and without starting all of that again, I still think that a lively site that strays off topic a little is better than 'well policed' site that is deadly quiet ;)
We had the big discussion last year on why the site was so quiet and without starting all of that again, I still think that a lively site that strays off topic a little is better than 'well policed' site that is deadly quie

I'll second that Phildo . And a bit of fun and banter has been missing for a long while now . it's good to see it returning . I agree the olympics has had a big impact on the holiday and tourism industry .. probably home and abroad.
Without banter, you don't get the community spirit as I feel banter helps create this.
lynwestie wrote:
We had the big discussion last year on why the site was so quiet and without starting all of that again, I still think that a lively site that strays off topic a little is better than 'well policed' site that is deadly quie

I'll second that Phildo . And a bit of fun and banter has been missing for a long while now . it's good to see it returning . I agree the olympics has had a big impact on the holiday and tourism industry .. probably home and abroad.

I third it :rofl , I think that may have been why the site had become a bit quite, a combination of people not holidaying so much due to the recession and the posts had become rather factual and sterile.

Obvioulsy its a holiday forum but a little bit of banter and a slight wobble from the main topic in hand can make a place seem more friendly and welcoming, and actually might inspire a few 'guest viewers' to join up as members and post.

:sun2
Chris
Please let Ed out of the cupboard. I think he may have done ht some good really :D
I almost contacted a member of the team to say I thought someone was spamming to get enough posts to hit the pms

fiona, I also thought there was a spammer at work as all those new threads appearing at once by a new poster looked a bit desperate which is why i asked in another thread, what was going on.

Maybe, it would have been an idea to 'introduce' us to Ed the blog writer before letting him out of the cupboard to worry us? :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.