Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Its not that far at all, Steve. You can see it with a pair of binoculars from some of the east bank hotels. Jolleys will take you there and it would be worth combining it with a visit to The Valley of the Kings or Queens and anything else you fancy on the west bank. Jolleys will get you an a/c vehicle with a driver and an egyptologist at a very reasonable price. Just pop in and see them but dont forget to haggle! :wink:
Thanks for the info.
You can also do the trip yourself by hiring a local taxi driver and going the road way, over the new bridge or -

you can take the passenger ferry across (near Luxor temple) and then get a taxi on the other side of the river.

Haggle for the cost of the ride with the driver - tell him where you want to go first, particularly if you want to do the Valley of the Kings as you need to purchase tickets in advance at the office. But somewhere between LE60 to LE100 will give you half a days visit.

Leave fairly early in the morning to get better photos, before the sun gets too high!

Enjoy!
Hi Stevemc, I suggest to hiring air-con transport and own personal guide from Jolleys near the Old Winter Palace. Or you can contact wwwreallifeegypt.com
I hear good report about them in fuw forums and in Holiday Truth.
West Bank half day tour
Colossi Of Memmon, Valley of Kings, Hatshepsut's temple and Medinat Habu. I think the price about 250LE pp. All entrance fees included.
East Bank half day tour
Karank temple and Luxor temple, you will have your own personal guide and air-con transport. I think about 150LE pp.
Hope this helps.
Have nice trip,
Kind regards,
Moudi.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.