UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Haven cala gran
3 Posts
We've been to mny of the Haven sites and this one is one of the smaller ones. We've been here twice purely because of the proximity to Blackpool and were there last September. Most of the silver caravan are of a good standard, the real pain being the making up of the beds on arrival. There's only a fire in the living area so my tip would be to take one of the small fan heaters as it could be a bit chilly at night and in the early morning. The pitches here are very close together as I said it is a small site but was clean and modern. There's an indoor pool which I think had one slide and an outdoor splash area which my kids loved if the weather holds for you.

There's a nice little play area with a couple of inflatables, trampolines and powered cards which are all extra. There's also an outdoor football court.

Entertainment is the typical Haven variety, if you have small kids they'll love the characters and party dances, then there's usually prize bingo and a show or artist.

There's a cafe bar for a sit down meal if you fancy a change from cooking and I think there was a fish and chip shop/bar on site but not a vast range of eating venues.

Finally there's a bus stop right outside the park entrance that'll take you into Blackpool or fleetwood. If I can help further let me know.
HI pamplemousse
Thankyou for your reply it was very helpful but we have decided, its better the devil you know and have opted for pontins in blackpool as we went there last year and we really enjoyed it. We got a good price too for the four of us half board. The kids wanted to go to the pleasure beach so we were going to stay in a b&b over night but looking at the price (only breakfast included) its much cheaper to go pontins for 3 days half board all you can eat. Also the entertainment is included. Thanks anyway for your reply.
Kerrie :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.