Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Lynn we got the shuttle bus in November from our hotel at 5am over to the terminal building.
Cant remember how much we paid, but it was £5 or less. The bus we got was the one that goes round all the hotels.
Look at the Heathrow Airport web site. You can get the Heathrow Connect train from Heathrow Central (T1 and T3) to Terminal 4. Every 15 minutes and its free.
Thanx ASTANS i've already done it think i'm sussed now. :cheers
Can somebody tell me the closest hotel to T1 please
There are plenty of hotels fairly close to T1 and it is difficult to say exactly which one is suitable for you as people have different needs and budgets. Just about all include the need to use the hoppa bus services which operate between the terminals and route also the various terminals.

The Park Inn is probably the closest hotel (located just before the tunnel into the Heathrow Complex) and, in theory is walkable - however I would suggest you check what on the many available websites such as Holiday Extras and comparison websites for hotels at Heathrow to see what meets your criteria such as parking inclusive or exclusive etc.

Nivsy
Is there a blanket time to checkin at Heathrow for America i.e 3 hours before your flight or do differant airlines vary
shrimper,

The recommended check-in time is 3 hours before your scheduled departure time for long haul, 2 hours for european and 90 minutes for domestic flights. This is the standard recommendation for all airports in order to give yourself enough time to pass through security, have a bite to eat or do a bit of shopping etc and for handling agents to sort out baggage and load the aircraft. Check-in desks close closer to the flight, however you need to allow plenty of time to pass through security, especially for America bound flights. Further information is available on Heathrows website.

Darren
This summer we will be flying off to Cyprus with British Airways on the way out and Cyprus Airways coming home. That means we will be flying out from terminal 5, but flying back in to terminal 1.

My query is what options do we have for parking and which will be the best car park to use.

Any help with this very gratefully received.

Chris
Has anyone had a very early morning flight out of Terminal 3 recently? We are taking a 6:20am flight to Madrid next Thursday and it looks like hardly any of the shops & restaurants might be open. Can anyone confirm what (if anything) will be open at around 5-5:30am?
Morning everyone,
Please can anyone help?

We are due to travel down to Heathrow on Christmas Day (!) and need to stay in a hotel near to T5 that has good parking..but for 3 weeks. We dont return to the UK until 16th Jan 2012

I have had a look and there are a few hotels all on the shuttle run etc..but I am looking for a hotel that guarantees that parked vehicles will stay securely parked on the premises...those I have found say in the small print that if the hotel gets busy they will move your vehicle to somewhere else.
What we are worried about is that the "somewhere else" will be less secure and leaves the vehicle more open to risk of damage or worse still being robbed or used for criminal activity ( perhaps we have seen too much TV..but this happened to me once before...a vehicle I owned, whilst in for repair was nicked and used for an armed jewel robbery in Rotherham..many many years ago.. :yikes )

Can anyone recommend anywhere? Just 1 night, Christmas night, parking for 3 weeks and possibly a room when we return on 16th..

Thank you in advance for any help.
Depends on how much you want to pay but booked in advance the Sofitel hotel at terminal 5 has room plus on airport parking at the hotel available but could be costly. Others available but you would have to check if they gaurantee cars not subject to be moved. Check the link below:

http://www.holidayextras.co.uk/airport-hotels/heathrow/sofitel.html

Nivsy
Best place to park at T5 please. Going away for a week in Sept and would like somewhere close where you can take your keys with you. I know there is one on the perimeter road, but would like some opinions first before we book.

Cheers. :wave:
Re parking at terminal 5, I was going to recommend Terminal 5 long term parking, (the BAA one) which is on the north side of the airport. But if you go to the Heathrow Airport web site now and get a quote they are offering the business car park for less than the long stay. It is closer to the terminal and by September should have the automated "pod" transport system running for the transfer to the terminal. About £85 for a week in September. For the ultimate in convenience they are offering a week in the short stay multistory for £105
Heathrow Express staff walk out over pay

Workers on the Heathrow Express have started a 48-hour strike, meaning reduced services and no overnight trains.

Half-hourly trains will run between 8am and 8pm today and Saturday between Paddington and Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 via Heathrow Central Terminals 1 and 3.

Another strike will take place in June.

Members of the Rail Maritime and Transport union walked out at 03.40 this morning in a dispute over pay. RMT officials say the 4.5% increase over one year was not acceptable.

Heathrow Connect services, which also operate from London Paddington, will not run on Friday and Saturday.

With permission from Travelmole
We are leaving Heathrow on 10th July for 10 nights in New York,
flying from Terminal 3, There are so many hotels nearby that offer
a shuttle to and from the terminal but can anyone recommend one
in particular, needs are a minimum, flying out of Heathrow at 10:35 on the 10th.
Just need the hotel for the night of the 9th and parking.
Dont really wanna spend a fortune.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers Richard
I am making a pick up from Terminal 3 on Saturday afternoon and would like to get there a bit earlier to take my son to watch the planes. Is there anywhere actually within the Terminal that you can see the planes? I have had a look on the internet and there are plenty of places off site that plane spotters use but would rather be completely on site to make the collection and not have to faff around parking in different areas. Alternatively, is there anywhere in T5 that would be suitable, as I assume we can use the Heathrow Express to travel between the terminals if required?
Cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.