Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
HI Johnnie- welcome to the forum. As you already seem to have discovered, this site is a gem of information.
I'm sorry I can't help with any info on your hotel or indeed the weather in October but I wanted to let you know that we've been to the Dom Rep twice and we love it! I'm sure we'll return there at some point. Where is your hotel, on the North or South/east coast?
Hello Shirley, Thanks for the reply. The resort we are going to is sort of North/East, This is our first holiday abroad for years we usually stick to the UK so we are pretty excited :)
The resort we are going to is sort of North/East,

....and the name? or are you keeping it secret :rofl
He He no it's the Grand Paradise in Samana :sun2
Hi again,
my fault, you did say where in your original post- I thought that Samana was part of the hotel's name and not the actual destination. Sorry, I've never heard of Samana. Are you flying into Puerto Plata?
Hi Johnnie,

I am sorry too that I cannot help with any info on your choice of resort as never stayed in that resort.

October weather last year was very hot and dry but with the changing of the climate what it is you can get late afternoon showers or rain over night.

Beaches in the La Terrenas area are pure picture postcard.

I hope you are flying into Samana Airport El Catey then your transfer will be roughly about an hour if you were flying into Puerto Plata then transfer times would be near on 4 hours.

Angie.
Hi Johnnie, I'm also going to Samana at Christmas, staying at the Gran Principle Cayacoco, my first time also to the Dom Rep. :D
I believe we are flying into samana (phew) was not looking forward to a 4 hr transfer.

I have done quite a bit of research on the Grand Paradise and for the price we paid i dont think we will be dissapointed :cheers
I believe we are flying into samana (phew) was not looking forward to a 4 hr transfer.

I have done quite a bit of research on the Grand Paradise and for the price we paid i dont think we will be dissapointed

Yikes 4 hours is a hell of a trek after that long flight! :yikes I think and I'm hoping ours is an hour transfer but I will have to double check.
Thanks Emdia43 lots of nice reviews there :tup i will post my own here when we return ;)
Johnnie wrote:
i will post my own here when we return ;)

Thank you. It is appreciated.

Remember, you can post photos of your trip on our new media site. See banner at the top of the main page.

luci :wave
luci HT Mod wrote:
Johnnie wrote:
i will post my own here when we return ;)

Thank you. It is appreciated.

Remember, you can post photos of your trip on our new media site. See banner at the top of the main page.

luci :wave

Thanks Luci will post some piccys too :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.