General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hello I am new
9 Posts
Hi Mary and welcome to the forum ! First thing for everyone to help would be when do you want to go on holiday ? How long do you want the flight to be ? Do you want self catering, b & b, half board or all inclusive ?
Just give us some more information and I'm sure you will have loads of really helpful replies :tup
Welcome to HT Mary :wave:

First thoughts are to somewhere in Greece, very child friendly, very friendly in general actually.

I will wait and see what further information you supply :tup

Graham
We took our son to Majorca when he was under 2. Granted that this was some time ago, but he loved it and everyone was very friendly to him. You could also consider Majorca ...
I was thinking of Minorca, Majorca or Ibiza. Nice short flights and if you pick the right months hot, but not too hot. Loads of different accommodations, different star ratings different boards and different style of resorts from quiet, to busy and buzzing depending on what you like.

We went to the Costa de Almeria when our daughter was 18 months old and that was a good holiday, although maybe more down to the complex being child friendly, with a nice pool and large grounds, than the resort itself, which was Mojacar. We went the first two weeks in May and the temperature was perfect for a little one.

Doe :sun2
HI Mary,
welcome to HT. You will find a wealth of information here on all sorts. Firstly, are you fussy where you fly from? it might be easier for you to fly from your local airport in which case it would be an idea to research some of the destinations on offer.

Please get back to us with a little more info and I'm sure you'll get plenty of recommendations.
Kalispera

welcome to HT.. i can only echo what's been said but add your budget there are many places available from various points in the uk under 31/2 hrs flying but prices vary hugely

yasus
wizard
Big vote from me would also be for Ibiza or Menorca. We always went to these places until my son was 5, very child friendly and a nice short flight. If you have not been to Ibiza before, don't dismiss it as a party island, most of it is not like that at all. Beautiful small sandy beaches, quiet resorts and really pictureseque. Portinax is a favourite of mine, the beach there is just perfect!
:welcome :welcome Mary.

Ive found this forum very helpful and friendly. Im a new member and have been made very welcome.

I agree with the other posts about giving a little more info on what time of year you would like to go and where you could fly from, this would be useful for us to help you. I have found lanzarote and fuerteventura both good holiday destinations and very family friendly. If your little one still goes in a buggy then both islands are faily flat in the resort areas so no uphill marathons with the buggy ;) As doe has said almeria is a loverly place to stay, not a long flight and good weather. I have been to 2 resorts there- roquetas de mar and mojacar both are family places and nice hotels.

Keep us updated on your decisions and hope we can help you with any questions.

LFF :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.