Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
help and advice
3 Posts
We stayed at the Vila Petra apts this June and they are about 150yards from the Strip(not the Old Town though) and a flat walk. Vila Nova is very close to the Vila Petra. The Strip is on a slope but not steep (apart from the very bottom part down to the beach) :shock: . There are plenty of apartments nearer the Old Town if thats where you want to be.

Might be worth looking into other towns/resorts?? Especially Lagos if looking for loads of restaurants?

Plenty of nightlife, bars etc in the Old Town and on the Strip in September.

I have a feeling you might just get a few replies to this one :)

Lummie
Hi Jonn and welcome.
As Lummie suggests, Lagos may well tick all of the boxes for you.The vast majority of the non-residential part of town is on reasonably flat ground and those parts you may wish to see which are not on the flat, are reachable with the tourist 'road-train' which plies back and forth throughout the day.
The only minor fly in the ointment is the shortage of self-catering accommodation which does not require the use of a hill,and the only one that I know will fit the bill is the Marina Club Apartments ( don't confuse these with the Marina Park Apartments which are on top of a hill :shock: .) Glynis, from H.T.Admin. will be able to give you full details of the Marina Club Apartments as she has stayed there recently.
Alternatively, if you'd be happy with B/B rather than S/C, shout again and I'd be happy to give you recommendations.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.