Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
It is probably to early yet to book them I would leave it another few weeks then try again. I think you can only book them 10 months before, dont panic there are lots of flights to Goa from Mumbai.
Thanks Ginlizzy. Lots of flights already up but sold out. Only a few websites not showing December yet.
Many thanks for your help.
If you arrive at 3pm at the international airport, you will not have time to catch the last flight to Goa, by the time you have picked up your bags, cleared immigration and then taken the bus to the domestic terminal, you will be too late to check in (I think the last flight is around 5pm). It is also unlikely that there will be a transfer bus waiting and the time now between buses is about 45mins. You need to allow at least an hour and a half and thats assuming you are first in the queue for immigration, that your bags come out first, and the bus is waiting. Best to book a hotel in Juhu and take a flight around 12.30 the next day.
I've booked a nearby hotel green-eyed lady. You might be best to do the same. As Hapi says, you need to allow for a long transfer time. We were lucky in October as we caught the transfer bus right away but I've read of others with almost 3 hours between flights who have not made the connection, esp if their incoming flight arrived a bit later, which can easily happen.
I'Ve just had a quick look at Make my Trip and the last flight appears to leave at 4.15 so you will ned a night in Mumbai!
Hotels in Mumbai get booked up early and some are well overpriced and not that good. I'd start researching hotels now and get something booked. Failing that you can get the overnight sleeper train down to goa or even sleeper bus. Hope you get sorted!!
GFF xx
I've booked the Midland hotel at £65. Close to the airport and they provide transport to and from. I've no idea if its any good or not but will know in March :)
Make my trip aren't taking international cards at the moment for payment. Hopefully will soon. Thank you all for your responses and information its really nice of you all.
jet airways have 3 flights out the next day for £17.
Make my trip aren't taking international cards at the moment for payment. Hopefully will soon. Thank you all for your responses and information its really nice of you all

We booked flights with Make my trip, had to arrange via live chat then faxed copy of credit card over, we have previously used them and they are reliable and very helpful.

Mids
Thankyou so much everyone we booked direct with Jetair and just this minute after looking all day booked a hotel,Very cheap did have a good review so hope its ok, not to worried only one night.Anyone know how long before you have to check in for the flight to goa in mumbai? :bow :pele :fly
looked for the midland but was fully booked. Just checked out the one we booked and its 2 mins walk from the midland hotel. Called Hotel Accord. Looks ok. Read a review that said it was clean and comfortable so thats enough for one night, its 2 or 3 star depending where you look.We get free transfers to the airport with it as well. Thanks for all your help.
Check in is an hour before the flight.
for one night, clean is really all you want. Thats all we were looking for- mind you, we don't arrive till midnight.
Hi fiona yes i agree clean is my top priority, I know this is :offtop but do you have to include hotel and address on the visa and on the card you fill in on the plane?. Many thanks for the help everyone it was very nice of you all, Very happy now as we found a very good flight even though the landing time is not great. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.