UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
it has been bad through the cotswolds from oxfordshire into gloucestershire
its starting to subside from what i have seen on TV so lets hope that they don't get too much more rain before the rivers can go down a bit

wizard
Hi Snavie! My sister has managed to travel down to Wales from the Midlands today. If I was in your position I'd telephone the place where your staying for some more up to date information. Also get a route planner from the AA as this will give you the best roads to travel on. We always do this even when there's no floods. If you manage to get there the Cotswolds are a beautiful part of the country. Good luck & I hope you enjoy.
Thanks Helen, unfortunately the people who we are renting the cottage from are out of the country so I'm finding it difficult to gauge how bad it is in the area we are staying.

If anyone out there lives in Cirencester I would love to hear from you to let me know what it's like and if it is advisable to travel.

Thanks
Hi Snavie ... while you wait for some feedback from any members living in the area, perhaps it may be worth contacting some of these numbers to enquire about the current situation:

Tourist Information, Cirencester 01285 654180
Cirencester Town Council, 01285 655646
Cotswold District Council, 01285 623000
BBC Radio Gloucestershire, 01452 307555

David :wave
Hi Snavie! Did you manage to get away for your break in the Cotswolds?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.