Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
emmalouise75 wrote:
I booked S/C and may upgrade when I get there to all inc .... Although when I booked with First choice yest my 12 year old is classed as a child, I just went to the apartent website direct and children over 11 seem to be classed as adults? Is this going to cause me probs?

If you want to upgrade to AI when you get there you may have to pay the adult upgrade for your 12 year old, if that's what the hotel says. Your booking with First Choice won't make any difference. Then again, the manager may be feeling generous and just see that you have "a child" on your booking without asking to check the age of the child.
Have a great time whatever you do - Costa Teguise is a lovely place for a good holiday.
I just looked at several spanish sites advertising los zocos and they tend to say children are from 2 to 12, so like CSK says, perhaps they will just go by your booking information :cheers
Welcome to the forum! :wave:

In case you haven't seen them we have reviews HERE and resort reports HERE. Hope that helps ;)

I've been to Lanzarote four times and love the place! You'll find at least four HT members who live on the island who'll be (I'm sure!) more than willing to answer any general questions you may have.

Pippy :)
thanks all. its a long way off yet. im looking forward to it more each day. ;)
and thank you for links to reviews too.
all very helpful. :) :)
los zocos is lovely but i wouldnt 'upgrade' to all inclusive if i were you,there are some lovely restaurants just outside the hotel with far superior food and you are not herded and tagged like sheep and confined to barracks! sorry if i sound harsh but i'm not a huge fan of AL (can you tell?) and unless it's 4/5 star and done properly it is usually appalling! and the hotel is slap bang in the middle of the resort so you wont have to go far for drinks etc.
hope you enjoy your hol.
oh! ps if you do go self catering dont shop at netto.it's extortionate!
5-10 mins walk up the road and you will find a spar which is cheaper,just dont expect the staff to smile! ;)
haha, yes, get the idea you're not a big fan! I know what you mean by herding. We went half board on a brit hol (Butlins------ok, I know its not much of a comparison) but we were queing for food, having our hands sprayed with anti bac stuff (I actually wash my hands before eating....don't really need someone spraying my hands too) and the food was quite bland but because we had paid for it we felt we really had to make the effort to eat it!

I find these comments really useful so thanks to you all. I will bear in mind all points. I feel like I know what to do etc when I get there, whereas a few weeks ago I din't have a clue!

Also thanks for tips on spar shop...........although I like service with a smile.......I like cheaper better!
spray your hands with antibacterial stuff?????? my god that sounds like a holiday to a third world country :really i cant believe they actually make people do that! well it hasnt cottoned in lanza anyway!
just another little note for you hope i'm not being patronising but you did say you were a virgin! if you are buying milk dont buy the fresh stuff,it will be off before you get it in the fridge,try the uht ones,they arent like the old sterilised stuff in the uk,they actually taste ok,try oris or milac and you will find them on the aisle with all the cereals.
happy hols
Providing antibacterial sprays or wipes in hotels is actually very good practise. A hotel we go to on the Costa del Sol does this and all cruise ships. It helps to reduce the Norovirus. Not everyone washes there hand before eating and you could pick up a bug from other guests.

luci :wave
HaHA, Yes I did say virgin. ;) Not patronising at all. I am very grateful for all advice. Thank you. :tup

R.E Spraying anti bac on my hands wasn't all that pleasant, I can see what you mean by good practise tho. I did, however feel a bit uncomfy queuing to be cleaned! If I go to a restaurant, I rely on the staff to have clean hands, not the other customers as I hope they won't get to touch my food!
i can understand it being 'good practice' but it's a bit nanny state!
however,this is off topic, i know but we were on holiday in majorca (AL, not my choice!) and the customers in front of us at the buffet were prodding things and asking each other what they thought it was!,one woman poked at a bit of tuna and said to her partner " what do ya reckon that is?" to which he replied " it says tuna", don't be stupid, says she, tuna comes in tins !!!!!
at this i about turned and frogmarched my family out of the hotel and out for pizza! yeuch,never again!! antibac hadn't been invented then,tho that incident might well have started it! ;)
Emmalouise

Here's a webcam of the beach area in Costa Teguise. We were in Lanzarote in March and had a great time.

http://www.inlanzarote.com/webcam.html
aww thanks everyone. ;)

It looks so nice there as I look out of my window at the rain and wind on this British summer's day! :(

I am really looking forward to it now. Still a bit aprehensive about flying etc but can't wait to get there.
emmalouise75 wrote:
Still a bit aprehensive about flying

Have a read through THIS THREAD ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.