Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I agree - a little bit stupid really packing 10 bottles in the hold luggage. I would expect the travel insurance company to raise a few questions about that.

Pippa
Is 10 bottles of Vodka in a suitcase not asking for trouble? :roll:

Sorry but there's no way on earth I'd have had that many bottles in a suitcase - in fact we only ever buy plaggy bottles of spirits if they're in the suitcase and even then only take 1 or 2 bottles.

Baggage Handlers are not known for their care and gentleness when handling suitcases and to be honest I think you'll be lucky if you get anything back from the insurance - could be wrong but I'd hazard a guess that they'll say packing that many bottles into a suitcase was a bit silly.
No expert on this but I would think packing 10 bottles of vodka in a suitcase would make your claim nul and void. These cases are often thrown by the baggage handlers to speed up the process of getting all the luggage on and off the aircraft. It might have been the glass that slashed the suitcase.
So the bottles broke, slashed the case as it was being moved around and only the cigarettes fell out! Mind you I didn't think Rooney commited a foul let alone deserved sending off, so I might just be a bit naive.

Shrink wrap the case and courier it if you have to and add it to the claim ( you could always tell the insurance company to arrange transport and see if they will), but I am sure that where theft is involved the airline has to accept respnsibility whilst it is in their care. As far as I could understand the system, if you successfully claim from your travel insurance they will then reclaim what they can from the airline anyway.
Ten glass bottles of vodka packed a suitcase designed for the Aircraft Hold......that is just asking for trouble. One glass bottle packed in a suitcase would be bad enough, but ten? :hmmm
It could be that the case WAS slashed and ciggies removed altho' have to say in all the years we've flown in and out of Palma we have NEVER EVER had a problem with our luggage.

Perhaps it was a disgruntled baggage handler incredibly hacked off after being covered in Vodka from a leaky suitcase?

I still can't believe anyone would stick TEN bottles of vodka in a suitcase - the mind boggles it really does. Can just imagine it being weighed in at check-in clinking away merrrily :lol:
If these were indeed glass bottles then that is really very dangerous to have so many packed in the case - someone could have got very seriously injured on the borken glass.

Pippa
Is ten bottles of Vodka not over the normal allowance anyway :?:

Jackie
Another thing I just thought of surely 10 bottles of vodka would put a case over the 20kilo weight limit???
Is ten bottles of Vodka not over the normal allowance anyway

Would think that it would depend on where they bought it - if was it bought duty paid or not?

Another thing I just thought of surely 10 bottles of vodka would put a case over the 20kilo weight limit???

I just know that I wouldn't be wanting to lug around 10 glass bottles of vodka! Which is presumably why they packed them in the case :-) Seriously though their combined weight couldn't have been much short of the standard 20kgs luggage allowance.

SM
Judging by the quantity of booze and ciggies I`m suprised there was any weight left for clothes :shock:
Perhaps they didn't have any!! Sorry!!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Perhaps packing 10 bottles in a suitcase is your thing - plus how many cigs?

I would consider that contributory negligence and reject the claim.

Commonsense should tell you that they may get damaged.

Or perhaps you need to consider that there is another problem with such a quantity.

I find complaints such as this rather strange. Is someone trying to wind everyone up? The replies I have read do not have much sympathy.

Best write it off to experience if true.

fwh
FWH - It must be true and therefore not a wind-up - Ms Barwick has had a dig at me on another board on this same subject.

She sounded very defensive and was keen to tell me that she hopes it happens to me (how kind) but I have explained that it will NEVER happen becos' I will NEVER EVER be stupid enough to put 10 bottles of vodka in a suitcase.
:roll:
As we have not heard from Ms Barwick on this forum since the beginning can we assume that she has realised that putting 10 bottles in a case and expecting them to get to the other end completely intact was not the brightest idea in the world.

I for one would not even put 1 glass bottle in my luggage let alone 10!!

Ms Barwick - perhaps you would like to join in this forum again?

Pippa
I think this topic is exhausted now.

Sarah
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.