Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Went to Sharm last December and it was 30 degrees. Fantastic sunbathing weather. Stayed at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Spa & Resort which was fabulous. Couple of miles from Naama Bay. AI hotel, couldn't fault it. Only went into Naama Bay once and didn't think it was too bad compared to Hurghada where we went this year which was real hassle. I'm used to Turkey and all the haggling and it never bothers me but Hurghada was terrible, felt intimated. Wouldn't have gone into town without the other half.
Thanks Shelagh,
We too like Turkey, its just light hearted banter. Never been sworn at and would take offence if was. Will probably spend most time in hotel and just go out a couple of times. Do they have horse carriage rides as I hated seeing the way they were treated in Luxor. Will look at that hotel.
Thanks a lot.
If a hassle free holiday is important then El Gouna should be considered .The whole town is hassle free so this means that you are not confined to your hotel for the duration . Aside from this its a special place with a more upmarket feel than Sharm or Hurghada

Check out http://www.elgouna.com

Happy holidays
Hmmm! Getting very confused now!
Like the sound of El gouna's no hassel, but the idea of going in Jan is also to get some warm winter sun! If Sharm is warmer, what are best AI resorts so that we will not need to venture out? Reef Oasis sounds good any other offers of advice?
thanks a lot
Hi

We were in Sharm in January this year, it had been raining for a couple of days before we arrived and rained heavily our first night there :yikes, after that it brightened up during the day to sunbathing temperatures but did get quite chilly in the evening and at night.
In fact, it was warm jumper and cardigan temperature at night and as we hadn't packed any we had to go out and buy some.

Our friends went out to Sharm the week we came home and it rained again for a few days.

No guarantee of the weather anywhere :)
Ok, thanks very much for replies.
Will see what offers are around closer to time and with that in mind go from there!
Cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.