Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Help Please
5 Posts
Hello DB,

I don't think that area of Salou has changed much in the last 3 years, the only thing difference is you now have a Burger King close by.

What exactly have you been reading which gives you the impression its changed? I can then confirm if what you have been reading is true.

I've got to be honest and say I don't think the Salou Suites are in a partcularly nice area of Salou but then even ten years ago I thought that.

If you enjoyed this area before then I'm sure you still will.

Mark :cheers
Thanks Mark,

Just really what i read on this site and some others that it needs a bit of a make over, at the end of the day what you pay for is what you get though.

Found it just so handy and central to be based there, though may look perhaps more towards the Cambrils end this time.

Cheers Buddy :tup
Hello DB,

Gotta say that this end of Salou could do with a makeover, but then even three years ago when you visited I would have said that it needed one even back then, unfortunately it never seems to happen.

Once you get to the Salou Princess area then things are much better in my opinion, this is also very central. Maybe the Michelangelo apartments could be a good option? Very central in Salou but still a pleasant area.

I think once you get to this area then its all good all the way down to Cambrils.

I'm staying in the old town area this time down near the Hotel Eurosalou, this area has also seen a lot of investment over the years.

Not quite sure why the Capellans end of town seems to have stagnated? I've even see them throw money at areas less needy than this area. I think it could be because this area of town is only busy in the summer months whereas other areas have residents living there all year round so the money seems to have gone to these areas. Who knows :think

Anyway, I hope you have a good holiday wherever you decide to stay. Salou is still a great resort, I guess all towns have their more upmarket areas as well as the not so good areas.

Mark :sun2
:wave: hi i found cambrils a bit out of the way but would recommend the europa area better
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.