Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
help please
9 Posts
If it was me I'd ring Hays and ask them what they would do. They have probably been in the position of having customers stranded during the last ash cloud crisis.
It is up to the airline to provide "care" if they are a EU based airline or flying from the EU. You will be entitled to accommodation, alternative flights once they become available and 2 phone calls.

luci :wave
I would contact Hays travel. I have booked with them for a holiday in June and what I have booked with them is a package as I booked over the phone and was quoted one price with no breakdown of prices. If you booked on the computer with them then you may not have a package. I would email there customer services and ask them what the procedure is if you are stranded abroad. I am also flying to Turkey on a non EU airline so I will have Hays put in writing what they will do if anything goes off again as I would get nothing from the airline.
thanks for the replys, i got the price online then went into the shop n booked it , its seperate flights hotel and bus so i dont know if thats a package, i rang hays today and she said it would be up to easy jet to look after us not hays travel,
i will never book with hays again , at least with thomas cook n thomsons u hav reps and they,d look after you . im worried sick , i dont even know if my holiday is a package .

thanks anyway

ps, is easy jet a non eu airline ?
It doesn't sound like you have booked a package. Not really Hay Travel's fault unless you specifically asked them for a tour operator's package holiday.

Easyjet is a EU airline so they have a duty of care should your flight be cancelled but you won't be looked after in a similar manner to how Thomson, First Choice and Thomson Cook looked after their customers in the previous volcanic dust incident.

Try not to worry and for this to spoil your holiday. If the worst happens then yes you probably will have to look after yourself to a certain degree. Make sure you have funds in your UK bank account so you can draw money if needs be, have a credit card with a credit limit that will allow you to make purchases during an extended stay or amend travel plans, take a UK mobile with roaming facility and ensure Easyjet have your mobile number (Manage my Booking section) so that they can contact you if they need to (same for Hays Travel). Finally, if you have to make arrangements to book additional nights accommodation, food etc. make sure that you keep receipts to allow for a potential claim to Easyjet.
thank you so much for that :) cheers x
We were in Spain 2/3 weeks ago and had to stay another 8 days because of the ash and Easyjet put us in hotels with food
aww thanks for that shrimper, its put my mind at ease , thankyou :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.