UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
York, Scarborough or Whitby ....
Hi there
Why don't you try Skegness, its not always given the publicity it deserves. It has had a lot of work done in the past few years, so a lot of people who haven't been for a whole may be surprised.

Regards
Dawnie-Rob
hi tatty! where do you live and how long a journey do you want?
Helen, if you select the profile button in Tatty's message, it will tell you that Tatty comes from Liverpool.... doesn't tell you how far they want to go though... :wink:

ATB,J.
thanks folks..

The suggestions are great,

I want to go anywhere as long as its easy to get there by National express..

I dont really mind how long a journey to be honest,

Would anybody suggest accomodation in any of these places so i could work out the costs for us to go!

Sorry if im asking too much, im just spolied for choice at the min

Thank youuuuuu!

Emma x
Emma, have you thought of Scotland? -- easy reach from Liverpool up the M6? - either Glasgow or Edinburgh??

ATB,J.
Hey merseygull, i have actually thought of Scotland went a few years ago and loved it, around the Edinburgh area would suit me as i went to Glasgow and didnt like it.. sorry to the glaswegians!

Its really hard choosing a place then trying to find accomodation thats ok

thanks
tatty
What about Inverness? If it's not too far North.Quite a long journey!! :shock: I think National Express go between Liverpool,Manchester etc and Inverness. Have a look here for some info.
http://www.scotland-inverness.co.uk/inverness.htm
I see they list B&B accom. from £20 per person.
Hope you find what you're looking for :)
P.S. Nat express HAVE got the following avail.at the moment
Departing 11.00 25th August Liverpool (30 min.wait @ Manchester)
Arriving 22.51 Inverness
Departing 06.30 28th August Inverness (40 min.wait @ Manchester)
Arriving 17.55 Liverpool
Cost is £93 for two people (with NX2 Card)
or £114 for two people (without NX2 Card)
Thats great Fiona..

There looks like there would be lots for us to do there but do you think not having a car would be a problem?

Are all these places easy to access?

Emma x
Hi there
There is plenty of accommodation in Skegness and the immediete area too.
We go to Skegness quite often because we have a family caravan there. We don't have a car, we use the train or National Express.

Dawnie-Rob
tatty
Don't see why It'd be a problem,there are plenty of buses and day tours from the city centre. If you want to stay in the city there's Inverness Castle and the Cathedral and plenty shops, bars and restaurants.
From the link I gave you,click on Inverness area sightseeing guide and then Day trips,coach tours and boat cruises,that'll give you a better idea of things to do. :)
Weston-Super-Mare is OK for a short break, do National Express go there? If so, the Welbeck Hotel on the seafront next to the crazy golf is nice, not posh or very fancy, but friendly and great breakfast.
I dont know when the August Bank holiday is as we have different holidays in Scotland. If its in the second half of August, Edinburgh would be a great choice as its the International Festival & Fringe and its a city where you definately don't want to have a car. The only problem might be getting accommodation at such a busy time.
Have you tried National Express Funfares?

They start at £1 per journey.

http://www.nationalexpress.com/save/funfares.cfm
Thnaks everyone for the suggestions and the help, still not decided as of yet as to where we want to go but i'm sure its going to be one of your suggestions

Thanks again x
There has been a huge change of plan!!

I'm now going to Glasgow on the 15th Dec till the 17th as i see Snowpatrol in concert in the SECC..... anybody been whats your opinion? Heard nothing but bad news about it!

Anyone know of any decent and close places to stay to the SECC?

Thanks (sorry to be a pain)
Hi tatty

I'm now going to Glasgow on the 15th Dec till the 17th as I see Snowpatrol in concert in the SECC..... anybody been what's your opinion? Heard nothing but bad news about it!

I am shocked :yikes bad news about Glasgow that is hard to believe :lol:

Seriously, Glasgow has so much happening and going on, that it is one of my favourite cities (yes I am biased as I work there) but to get the best of Glasgow you do need to get a bit of advice on what to do and where to go.

If you can let us know the kind of things you would like to see / do while you are in Glasgow we can help you with plans i.e shopping, clubs, pubs, shows, theatres, museums, exhibitions, dinning, sight seeing, getting about etc,

for accommodation you could try these -

Crowne Plaza Next door to SECC

City Inn 4 mins from SECC

Campanile also 4 mins from SECC

For a list of hotels try HERE

Glasgow doesn't have a castle on a hill but it does have character and a friendliness that is hard to beat, so I hope we can make it a better visit than your last one.

Graham :wink (glasgow is Smiles better)
Hi tatty
Have been to quite a few concerts at the SECC ,and although the sound quality isn't the greatest, you will have a great night out. Wait until you see the support that Snowpatrol get from the Glaswegian crowd! I bet you'll have a fab time. :)
Like kiltman-Graham said... Glasgow has got so much to offer, it's a very trendy,cosmopolitan city,with some of the most stylish bars,clubs and restaurants and not forgetting the best shopping outside of London (one of my favourite hobbies :lol: ),
and if you don't want to have all of your other nights out in the city centre,there's also the very "hip" West End. Just choose the "right" places to go and you'll love it.
Thank you very much to both of you, got much more than what i asked for .... :wink:

Looking forward to it now!

Will there be any markets on around that date that we can get some cheap Xmas stuff from?

Thanks a lot Emma x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.